~ Chapter 12 ~

"I can do that," he told her as he grinned. Before she got a chance to stop him, his arms were around her waist and he was swinging her around, causing her to laugh. "I like that," he said as he finally sat her back on the ground and brushed her hair behind her ear. "You do need to laugh more."

"I've been told I really do laugh too much."

"No, JD, I don't think there's such a thing." He gazed down at her, and she fought the blush that was slowly creeping on her cheeks. "It's infectious, as is your smile. I noticed both on the set the day I saw you and I so badly wanted to meet you. I wasn't totally sure if you were the author, but when I got up close, I couldn't help but be happy. Your photo doesn't do your smile, or your beauty, justice."

"I already agreed to slowly try this road, you don't have to lay on the charm," she giggled, but he shook his head.

"I'm not, it's the truth." Well, she had nothing to say to that. She let out a breath and just nodded, her hands resting on his arms.

"Come on, we need to head to bed, it's been a rather busy day for us, I think." She nodded again but after that, she wasn't sure she could sleep. Now that her head had been cleared of the ugliness, her mind was spinning with ideas, and she knew she had to at least write them down before she lost all of them. "Where did you go?"

"Huh?" she asked, glancing at him as they walked up the back porch steps.

"You were thinking rather loudly, where did you go?" he questioned as he held the back door open for her. She twisted her lip for a moment before answering.

"I was thinking. I hadn't been able to write anything earlier, but now the thoughts are just flowing and if I don't get them down, I'm likely to forget, and they're really good."

"Fine, go write, but I will be checking on you in an hour to make sure you're asleep. I'm serious, it's been a long day and I have plans for tomorrow, so I need you rested." She crossed her arms over her chest as she looked at him.

"Excuse me, I'm older, you don't need to be bossing me around, sir."

"Yeah, I do, and I can get on board with the sir," he told her, wiggling his eyebrows. She rolled her eyes but laughed at his antics as she made her way upstairs and into her room, quickly pulling out her laptop to make a few notes.

-----

"So, tell me, Angel, what's the big game plan for the day?" she told him as she brought the sunglasses down. He had woken her up at 8:30 with breakfast in bed and she found that to be rather sweet. Even growing up, no one in her family dared to do that, maybe it had something to do with her being such a grump in the mornings? Along with that breakfast, though, was a glorious cup of coffee, made just how she liked it. And when she asked for a second cup, Angel told her it would be outside on the back patio so she could take in the morning.

"Shopping." Judith glared at him over the rim of her coffee cup. "Do I look like the type of gal that would go shopping? Or that I enjoy shopping?"

"No, you don't. However, this is on the pier and it's different from going down Rodeo Drive or some other fancy shit. Anything by the pier is beach related and the drinks, food, and atmosphere, in general, is just another world of experience that you need to have. And as a true beach dude and Californian, I cannot let you leave my state without having experienced it." She stared at him behind her glasses and slowly shook her head. "What?"

"If you ever fail as an actor, and I don't think that you would, you'd totally make it as some type of salesman. Holy shit, I think you could sell ice to an Eskimo!" Angel spat out his juice as he snorted at that.