~ Chapter 25 ~

"Oh," was all Judith could say, which wasn't very comforting. Again, for reasons unbeknown to her, she didn't want to dive into the information or the happenings of their relationship. She could just feel that it wouldn't be good for her at all. "I'm sorry, Molly. That's really crappy timing too." Molly sniffled and then looked up at Judith.

"No, it's the right time."

"How so?" Angel finally asked, sitting down next to the woman. Molly wiped her eyes and glanced at him.

"He's jealous. Says that we're going to have a relationship so to save himself the heartache, he broke up with me." Molly shook her head, her eyes back down to the phone in her hand. Well, Judith couldn't fault the man. How many times had she had issues? And just recently? They weren't unjustified. And if someone else saw the issue, then Judith couldn't be crazy.

"Molly, you've been in this game as long as I have. You know the images and the illusions the management will ask of us. But that bears no forbearance on our personal life. Jeff should know that too."

"Jeff isn't big on my fame."

"Then it sounds like he's not the man for you. Jeff can't be jealous because of every man you co-star with. There will be scenes way worse than what we have going on in this movie or what's coming up. And if he's jealous over that, then he's got more issues than just some image that may not even come up." Judith tilted her head as she listened to that. She hated how wise Angel could be. But it did sound like he knew his stuff. So again, she had to take the slap and walk away. Yup, didn't she think this wouldn't be good to know?

"Jeff is a secure man." Angel huffed at that.

"Maybe for you, but no man should let you walk away because he's being dumb." Angel shifted his gaze from Molly to Judith, causing JD to blush. He was right, she knew that. And he wasn't just talking about Jeff. He was telling JD the truth again.

"I'm going to go buy some drinks before we get on the plane, you two want anything?" She had to bail, had to get away. She needed a breather before she got on the plane with these two. It wasn't a private jet, but they had a whole section for themselves that the studio got for them. Each shook their head and she nodded, hands in her pockets as she strolled to the gift shop. She hated paying the outrageous prices for a soda, or water, or even a bag of chips at an airport, but the breather was needed. She walked around for a bit, buying what little time she could before she walked on that plane.

Why couldn't things be easy? Well, that wasn't really a question she wanted to answer. She had easy back home at times and didn't care for it. Because easy came with no sparks. Not like what she felt when she kissed Angel. Not like the sparks she felt when she enjoyed time with his family. No, easy wouldn't work for her, and damn it all to hell she couldn't go back to easy. Whatever twisty, windy, roads she was about to head on, she'd have to take them because after last night with Angel, she wanted a whole lot more. And she was just going to have to suck everything up.

With a silent nod to herself, she paid for the drinks and snacks and walked back to the sitting area, seeing that it was time to board. She stuffed the drinks in her bag, glancing over at Angel as he walked over to her, a smile on his face.

"What?" she asked him, putting her backpack on.

"Couldn't get out fast enough." She rolled her eyes as he took her hand, laughing as they walked down the walkway.

-----

"This is our hotel room?" Judith asked, dropping her bag on the floor by the bed. She glanced behind her as Angel nodded.