~ Chapter 17 ~

He took it but he didn't want to believe it. He had all this shit pulled so where the hell did this come from? In fact, he cashed in a rather huge favor to do that! So, to say he was pissed off would be an understatement

Maybe issues for him like this weren't huge. The stories he saw and read were just as much of his everyday upbringing as eating was, as seeing stars walking down the street. She was worried and had no reason to be. Hollywood was vicious, sure, but it was a story-a-day type of fame. They just needed the next big thing to latch onto and would forget about them. But he didn't think he could say that, not right now.

"Hey," he told her, walking over and cupping her cheek. "I will find out what happened here because I had all of this taken care of. You don't need to worry about it."

"But it had us on the cover with some nasty headline." He placed a finger over her lips and smiled.

"It did, and that's okay. It won't hurt either of us. It's a tabloid, trash that people step on and leave behind."

"Someone bought it."

"Probably," he told her, "because there were some other famous people on the cover and that story is way more scandalous than ours. I'm going to say no one even glanced at us. Really, JD, don't let this ruin our morning, okay?" He brushed her hair back, wanting to ease whatever fears were rising. She nodded but her eyes still told the truth of how much that bothered her.

He wanted to say they wouldn't be a story, that people wouldn't glance their way, but he couldn't. He couldn't lie like that to her and end up hurting her even more. Sure, she was okay with things he was starting to guess when it was a lot more behind closed doors, but he wasn't like that. He saw nothing wrong in being with her or dating her, and he had been like that for a while. If he was crazy enough to admit, he thought he had a mental fling with her the moment he wrapped up the book. He had read quite a few different stories, sure, but there was just something in the way she wrote that made you feel like you had entered her mind, and that wasn't something he found a lot of.

And after a week or two, he had picked the book up again and found new reasons to enjoy it, and new reasons to enjoy her. So, he did what any normal male would do, he stalked. Maybe it wasn't smart, but oh well. He had built an image up in his head and when rumorville started about the book becoming a movie, he had to jump at the opportunity. Not because he thought he could meet her, but because it was a character he loved and so badly wanted to play. He, like others in the field as well, was quite surprised to see a new release be brought to the big screen. That just wasn't something that was done.

"Thank you," she whispered before turning to head back to the room to change. He sighed to himself and took the magazine out again, flipping through the pages to see what could be said. Really, there wasn't much of anything. A picture of them leaving with a small ass caption, nothing to get up in arms about. He had to figure out a way to make her see that this was also part of Hollywood. Not really the nasty stories, but stories in general. Anyone who was famous and stepped out of their house for anything was bound to get put in a magazine, it's just how this world, this city worked.

He had pulled all the hate comments and pictures, this wasn't that though, so pieces like this slipped through. And because of that, he put his phone back away. He couldn't rage at his buddy because his buddy had done everything that was asked. With a mental sigh, Angel leaned against the wall and shut his eyes. He wasn't even sure they were dating yet, and their road was already filling up with dents and potholes, not a good sign. He heard the door open, and he turned around, his mouth dropping slightly at the look.