~ Chapter 31 ~

All day, as he held her while they sat out in the sand, or while they lounged in the water, or even when he put a movie on for them, her mind had been going over his words. She loved them. They touched her. So much so that she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She wanted it with him like she never wanted anything before.

"You're smiling again," he told her, kissing the top of her head. She rolled her eyes. It was rather funny, though, that her mind wasn't even focused on the movie at all. She was so wrapped in her thoughts that she wasn't paying attention to anything else.

"Is there a problem with that?"

"Of course not, I love seeing your smile. However, I don't think you're smiling over the fact that your stomach has growled. Twice now."

"It has not." She turned around to slap his arm, but her stomach let out another groan and she laughed. "Okay, I guess I was too far off in la-la land. What's for dinner?" He jumped up and then pulled her up as well.

"Let's go see what we can find, shall we?" With her hand tucked in his, they walked into the kitchen again and rummaged through the cupboards. Though Judith was older and had lived on her own, her skills in cooking weren't the best. She survived of course, but she did a lot more takeout than she'd like to admit. "How about...oh, I got it. Grab the pasta and Alfred sauce from up there." Judith grabbed both and set them on the counter while he had the chicken and veggies.

"I'll get on the salad while you do the cooking," she told him. He laughed as he switched her spots and started getting the water boiling for the pasta. She grabbed a knife and got to work on cutting some carrots and tomatoes. Judith glanced over her shoulder at him, again smiling. There was a comfortable silence that surrounded them, and she was actually enjoying it. She also noticed that her mind hadn't run away with her like it always did. The thoughts weren't racing a million miles an hour. That, oddly enough, it was quiet while he was around. She hadn't known that being so domesticated with someone could feel so right.

An hour later, Angel told her to sit, and she listened. She poured some wine for them and then frowned as he walked out with just one plate of food. She knew there was more than enough for them.

"What's this?' she questioned.

"I'm feeding you." He took the fork, swirling a bite of the pasta and chicken, then held it out for her. She eyed it before leaning in and taking it.

"Another common practice?" He gave her a wink before gathering another bite. She took it again, licking her lips as some of the sauce got on them. He watched the movement and this time, she took the fork, giving him a bite. "You should taste it too."

"I did. Needed to make sure it was okay for you." He fed her again and then captured her lips, moaning at the taste. "Yup, it tastes better off your lips though." Judith swallowed hard, barely registering that he was holding out another forkful for her. Why was this so erotic? She hadn't even thought that sweet and erotic went hand in hand or could for that matter. But hell, that simple gesture, that simple kiss, had her body heating up all over again.

"This is nice," she told him, taking the silver piece again and feeding him. "I don't think I've ever done something so romantic and intimate before." Her tongue swiped at the corner of his lip, taking a dab of sauce away. As she pulled back, she watched his Adam's apple bob, and fuck if she didn't want to nibble on it. So, without overthinking it herself, she leaned forward again and ran her tongue along the front of his neck before nipping gently over his Adam's apple, causing him to let out a little moan. It was a sound that shot straight to her core.