~ Chapter 40 ~

"Oh my God, shut up!" Judith said, smacking her brother's arm. "I can't believe you." She wanted to be swallowed up, but her brother couldn't stop his laughter. How dare he!

"Damn, I'm teasing." He held his hand out to Angel, who took it, a brow raised. "Charlie, the oldest. It's a pleasure to meet you, Angel."

"Likewise. Pick on her a lot?"

"She's my peep squeak, so yeah." Judith rolled her eyes as she turned to her parents, her eyes begging them for help, but they just shrugged.

"Good, I'm glad she's gotten that throughout her life."

"Angel!" she exclaimed, causing her brother to laugh.

"Hey, it's true," he told her, taking her hand once more. Judith huffed, feeling like she was being gained up on.

"I like him, sis," Charlie uttered, throwing his arm over her shoulders. "Should keep him around." She gritted her teeth, tossing a glare at him. Though, she should know better. Out of all her siblings, Charlie was the one who was fondest of picking on her. She wasn't sure what she ever did to deserve the honor, but she had never been able to figure it out. Her mom always told her that Charlie just liked her the best, but she highly doubted that.

"He's only doing it out of love," Angel whispered to her, and she, once more, rolled her eyes. That's something she had always heard and again, doubted.

"Don't save his ass, please." He winked at her as they walked out of the building and to the SUV her parents had. Growing up, even with their family size, Mom had always said she'd never been a 'minivan mom', and she wasn't. She was an SUV, not caring about the gas mom, and Judith couldn't have thanked her enough for it.

"So, what's first on the list of things to do once we get settled?" Angel asked and honestly, Judith had no clue. This was the first time she had brought anyone home and wasn't sure where to even start.

"Um, I don't know." Angel laughed as he sat next to her, taking her hand.

"How about you and I go out? I'd like to take you out in your hometown here." Judith nodded, a blush creeping up on her cheeks. She saw no problem with that thought at all.

-----

"Why not take him downtown? There's a gorgeous café that overlooks the lake, he might like that?"

"Maybe, Mom," Judith said as she loaded their suitcases into her room. It would feel odd having Angel in here, but she'd also be happy. She didn't have men in her room, and this was a memory she'd love, just in case she had to come back here with her tail between her legs.

"You're not letting Charlie's comment get to you, are you?" Judith looked up at her mom and slowly shook her head.

"No, not really. Just thinking about if this ends, how nice some memories will be."

"Honey," her mom said, wrapping her arm around her shoulders and giving her a side hug, "he might be younger, might confuse the hell out of you, but believe me when I say that man only has eyes for you. Because I swear, he couldn't take them off of you when you walked from the plane and when you got in the car. Enjoy this for what it is, because it looks to me like you two could really have found love."

"Thanks," Judith smiled, feeling her face heat up. She wasn't sure where those thoughts came from. In fact, she hated them, with passion, but they had somehow wiggled their way into her mind again. She wanted them cast out and her mom gave sound advice, something she should follow. "Let me go get him."