~ Chapter 36 ~

"I think this was needed," Judith told him, her hands folded under her chin as she gazed out over the water. Angel sat next to her, his arm resting on the back of the booth.

"I'm starting to think all you want to do is play and never work." Judith rolled her eyes before she grinned at him.

"Not true. But you've been busy, and I don't think I've seen much of you."

"You got me there. But you've been just as busy too, you know. You're either with the writers or have your nose buried in your laptop. Or your phone. What's on your phone?" Judith sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose, a habit she had picked up to stop the stress from building over the screens she had to stare at.

"The phone is a great place for me to jot down ideas, storylines, plot twists, anything really while I can't get to my laptop. At some points, when I'm on a break, I've sat at the shore and written sections of the book. I got an email from my editor. The company I signed with sent me a reminder that even though I'm on this wonderful trip, it's not quite a vacation and I do have a deadline to meet."

"Ah, the next book. How many books did you sign for?"

"In total, five over a five-year span, regardless if any turn into movies or a series."

"Damn babe," he told her, stroking her back. "A book a year?"

"It's not impossible. I wrote this one in four months. It's just taking the time and doing it. It's mentally exhausting working with the writers though, so by the time I'm done, I'm too fried to focus on writing. Not to say the ideas aren't there, because they are, but I just don't have the time. I'm drained. And it's even worse when I want to see you and we're just too tired to do anything more than fall asleep in each other's arms."

"Hey," he nudged her, grinning. "I like falling asleep like that. Even if that's all I get for months on end, I'm happy. Holding you is the best feeling. Want a confession?"

"Sure," she answered, almost giddy for what more he could possibly share.

"I enjoyed being the little spoon last night. It's always nice to hold your chest in my hand but to have those babies pushed against my back, your arm around my waist, your hand mere inches from my cock, and the morning wood was fantastic. I can't figure out where I feel more at peace at. Holding you, or you holding me."

"Aww, that's almost swoon-worthy." She fluttered her lashes at him, teasing him. "May I quote that in my next book?" He tickled her side, causing her to squeal and scoot away, making him laugh.

"What is the next one about?"

"I think I'm delving into the world of fame this go around. A while back, I saw a couple sitting in the park when I had gone for a walk. They were talking, teasing, flirting, and you could tell they were together. But she had an edge to her, dark skinny jeans, black boots, leather jacket. And he was so clean-cut, sweater, dickies, and clean shoes. Not the average-looking couple, but again, so happy. I wanted to give her the rocker edge, the girl all men want but can't have. And make it so the last man anyone thought she'd end up with, was someone like that."

"I absolutely love how you draw inspiration for your characters from real life. How those people, those actions, those simple and mundane things, set the tone for your stories. I know you can only write so many dates before they all become the same thing, but it's sweet to me. Makes me feel like I can connect to them even more. Makes them more life-like."