~ Chapter 27 ~

A week and a half later, Judith, along with the whole damn crew, was done. Day after day seemed to have trouble brewing and personally, Judith was over it. And now, it seemed like a storm was coming their way which was delaying production even more. She thought she would be able to enjoy this beautiful time, but it was becoming a hell and she didn't like it. She needed a break from the tyranny that seemed to be getting worse!

"This is fucking insane," she mumbled, pushing the hair from her face. She had already walked off the set and heard the director call 'cut' yet again. Everyone was already complaining and then she heard the golden words; 'take a break!'.

"Finally." She glanced over her shoulder and watched as Angel wiped his brow before stepping over to her. "I'm not sure I could take another moment with him. Day by day he's gotten worse." A clap of thunder stopped him, and they both looked up to watch the darkening clouds. "He called for an extended weekend. Want to get away from here for that time? There's a nice little cottage on the other side of the island."

"Don't have to ask me twice!" she told him, following him to the room. She was glad they were staying on the island because she did want to experience it, but just not under horrible and rude conditions.

Twenty minutes later, Angel was walking into her room and grabbed her bag, along with her hand. This would be a nice and quiet time, hopefully. And it sounded like the storm had held off for a bit, so maybe they could beat it to the little cottage.

"I booked a ride and it's ready. Didn't think we would want to leave as the cottage is nestled up along the water."

"That sounds perfect," she muttered, following him out of the room and down the stairs. He waited for her to climb into the car first, smiling as she did so. "I'm assuming it's not a long drive?"

"Not at all. It's far enough to get the breathing room, but still close enough that if needed, we can hurry back," he told her, resting his arm on the back of the seat. She leaned against him, her gaze lingering outside the car window as they drove down the main strip of roadway.

"Everything is so green and tropical out here, I love it."

"It's not a bad view," he told her, brushing his fingers over her arm.

"I mean, the ocean is gorgeous, no matter where you are. But everything here is different from your place. Of course, anything is better than where I'm from." They both laughed as the car pulled up to the cottage and Judith gushed at the place.

"It's only one room, which I don't think you minded too much," he said as he grabbed the bags once more and headed into the place. "Everything is paid for, so we can just sit back and enjoy." Judith jumped as another loud clap of thunder cracked overhead.

"Seems we got in right on time too." She walked to the bedroom and opened the window shades, seeing the first splatter of raindrops hit the ocean. Judith grinned as she opened the windows, allowing the sound and smell to enter the room. "God, that's something I could never tire of."

"The water?" he asked, coming up behind her and snaking his arms around her waist.

"That and the rain. I always love it. It's just extra special near the ocean." She leaned back against him, loving the feel of his arms. Their relationship had come easily enough in some ways and the level of comfort they felt with each other was something new to her. Okay, sure, she wrote about it, but it wasn't like this was her real life.