Chapter 3= The head elf

Y/n's POV

"I'm not santa!" Scott yelled as he chased Bernard down the hall as me and Charlie had to sprint to catch up with him.
"I've had a rough night! There's been dogs barking, guns going off! Look! My back is killing me! Have you ever tried to shove a sea kayak down a chimney? I'm tired of the small talk!" Some elves stopped and stared at us and Bernard turned around and gave us a serious look.
"The other santa disappeared, right?" Bernard said shaking his head and chuckled as he continued to walk ahead. Uncle Scott had a moment of realisation and then started following the poor Elf again. "Wait a minute! Hey! I see where this is going! It wasn't my fault! The other guy fell! It was an accident!" Scott yelled. "I have homeowners insurance and a good attorney! Well...not as good as my wife's, but let's not open up that wound!" Scott added. I could tell uncle Scott was getting annoyed. "Hey! Hold on! Whoa! Whoa!" Scott yelled as he grabbed Bernard's shoulder and turned him around to face me and my uncle.
"How did you know the other guy was gone?" Scott asked the Elf
"Can I get you a drink?" The Elf insisted.
"No! I don't want a drink!" My uncle snapped back.
Then Charlie joined in.
"I'm thirsty, and hungry too!" He said.
"Charlie I thought I told you to stay in the sleigh!" Uncle Scott said. I stayed silent because I didn't want to raise anything else.
"Who's this?" Bernard asked, referring to Charlie.
"This is my son Charlie!" Scott said, placing a hand on Charlie's shoulder as if I was the forgotten one here.
Then Scott added "I'm sorry. Charlie, this is..." He was stammering because he couldn't remember the Elf's name.
"Bernard!" He eventually corrected him.
"Hi, Bernard!" Charlie said, holding a hand out to shake.
"Hiya, sport!" He replied, shaking Charlie's hand.
Charlie smiled and looked up at uncle Scott and said "Hey dad! He called me 'Sport' just like you do!"
I smiled. I've never seen Charlie that smiley before.
"Wonderful!" Scott replied sarcastically. I nudged Scott's shoulder and frowned it him.
"Hey you know what? I've got something for ya! Now hold out your hand, alright?" Bernard spoke as he reached into his brown satchel he carried over his shoulder and Charlie held out his hand. Eventually, Bernard pulled out the most beautiful snow globe with intricate carvings on the base. Then, Bernard spoke again but this time in a soft whisper saying, "Now, be very careful. This is very old, just like me!" I giggled slightly at his wit. He carefully handed the snow globe to Charlie and he stared at it in awe. "Shake it up, Charlie!"
Charlie did as Bernard told him and shoke it gently. I looked over Charlie's shoulder and in at the snow globe as a sleigh and eight reindeer flew around in the snowy snow globe scene. Charlie looked at me with a massive smile on his face and I hugged him from behind.
"Why don't you hold onto it for me for a while? It might come in handy!" The Elf said to Charlie.
"Thanks....thanks a lot! I promise I'll take real good care of it!" Charlie muttered just loud enough for Bernard to hear.
"Make sure you do!"
"I will!" Charlie said, giving Bernard a cute little smile.
Charlie went over to uncle Scott and showed him the snow globe.
I went up to Bernard and whispered to him "thanks for doing that! Charlie really needed someone to cheer him up!"
"My pleasure! What's your name?" He asked me.
"Oh! I'm y/n! Nice to meet you!" I stammered, putting my hand out for him to shake. Instead of shaking it, Bernard took my hand and planted a kiss on it. I blushed slightly but hid it with my jacket. He let go of my hand as uncle Scott and Charlie joined us.
"Fabulous ball!" Uncle Scott said, complimenting the globe. Then uncle Scott tried to say Bernard's name...again but again...failed miserably. "Hey! Barabbas!"
Really? I thought to myself.
"Bernard!"
"Bernard!" Me and him corrected my uncle at the same time.
"Bernard can we get a direct flight back to reality? Or do we change planes in Denver?" Scott asked. Bernard ignored the question and called to another Elf "Larry, could you take Charlie and get him some chow? Thank you!" He called out. The Elf motioned Charlie to come with him and he ran to the elf. "No! Larry don't do that! Charlie! Come back!" Scott yelled to Charlie but he didn't listen.
"He'll be okay! Follow me! Your gonna wanna get outta those clothes!" Bernard said. Uncle Scott and I followed the elf along a great hallway.
"I....no, look Barnaby, I just want to go home!" Uncle Scott called out as we both ran to catch Bernard up.
"Uncle Scott! It's Bernard!" I said, correcting my uncle yet again. "Yeah, whatever!" He retaliated.
This is gonna be a looooooong night!