chapter 9= disaster at the Pole!

Y/n's POV

I woke up the next morning and acted fast! I ran into the workshop, and I ended up on the second floor. I saw Bernard in the naughty and nice centre, searching the big globe. I was about to yell to him until...
"Hi! Merry Christmas! Ho,ho,ho!"
That rubber butt beat me to it.
The elves ignored him. Then, he shut down the machines, and everyone turned to him.
"Stop the work please, everybody stop the work! Merry Christmas!....that's nice! I have a little announcement to make! From this moment forward, we're not gonna make anymore toys," the toy exclaimed. The elves started to murmur to each other but very loudly.
"Children of the world don't deserve these presents! They're running rampant with naughtiness! So for this Christmas, we're gonna give those greedy, selfish little kids EXACTLY what they deserve. A beautiful, high-quality, yet low-sulfur variety of coal!"
The elves were yelling, and Bernard tried to calm all of them down. That was my chance, I tried to yell to Bernard, but he couldn't hear me.
"QUIET!!!" The toy yelled. Everyone stopped yelling.
"We need to focus! All of us! On the goals ahead! And just to make sure that that happens!" The toy said. Then, he leaned down and grabbed an air horn off of a little Elf girl.
"Thank you, sweetie! Haha! I- I hate to blow my own horn!" The toy said. Then, he blew the horn, and big doors swung open, and the army of toy soldiers came marching in and surrounding the elves.
"Stay where you are! Don't be afraid!" Bernard's voice came.
"I was up late, couldn't sleep. Milk wouldn't do it, cocoa is a little sweet, so I decided to make an army of...toy soldiers!" The toy explained, sounding proud of himself.
The toy soldiers stopped marching and faced the elves. I was scared. Now, my boyfriend was in the heap of elves that might be in trouble.
"They don't have a good sense of humour like me!.....I would do what they ask you! Which is pretty much what I'm going to tell you!" The toy said. I was about to confront him in front of the elves until...
"DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!! THIS GUY'S NOT SANTA!!!" Bernard confronted him for me.
"HE'S A TOY!!" Bernard continued to protest.
Then, two of the soldiers started to surround him.
"HE HAS A RUBBER FACE!! AND A PLASTIC TUSHY!!"
I watched aghast as Bernard was being handled by toy soldiers.
"Trust me! Don't let him ruin Christmas!" Bernard yelled. Bernard then sank into the soldiers' grip, unable to be seen.
"BERNARD NO!!!" I yelled.
"QUIET, Y/N!!" The toy yelled at me. I locked eyes with the toy.
"Anyways, thank you for those kind words, Bernard!...WELL... Now that we all have an understanding!....have a joyous and merry Christmas!" The toy said. Then, he pulled a lever, and the soldiers tipped coal the conveyer belts and into the crowd of elves. All of the elves were screaming.
"No one...handles my boyfriend and gets away with it!" I muttered to myself. That was it! If someone ever touches a hair on Bernard's head, that's  crossing a line! The line is a dot to that person!
I ran over to the toy and came face to face with him.
"What do you think you're doing?" I asked him.
"Well, I'm changing the world for the better! You should know that!" He said.
"You're not! You're making it worse!"

"Y/n! My niece! Don't argue with me!"

"What did you do with Bernard?" I asked, choking away tears.

"He needs to learn a lesson!" The toy yelled.

"What lesson?!?!? He never did anything to you! He confronted you! In my eyes, that's the best thing he COULD do!"

"Awww! Look at my niece! Standing up for her boyfriend!" The toy spat.

"You're sick!" I said.

"Listen, kiddo, if you went to end up like Bernard and have your magic powers snatched away, then I suggest you keep talking!" The toy said.

I stared at the toy with tears escaping my eyes.

"Awww! Crying ain't gonna get ya anywhere, kid! You're on coal cleaning job! Get to work!" The toy walked past me and cried into my hands.

Then, the toy and the soldiers started to walk off into an area of the workshop that I never knew about. So, I decided to follow them. They came to a room, and the soldiers opened the doors, and the toy santa strided in. I peered, yet again, through the crack in the door, and I saw him, Bernard, tied to a chair with red ribbon.
"Well, I'm exhausted!" The toy exclaimed. Bernard looked half-dead because half of his powers had been extracted from his body.
I sobbed silently. I hated seeing Bernard like this.
"Come on! Cheer up, Bernard! You're under arrest! Isn't that exciting?" The toy said, pinching Bernard's, no longer rosie, cheek.
"Why are you doing this?" My boyfriend said, his voice groggy.
"Because! Those children need to learn the true meaning of Christmas!" The toy spat back.
"We're already losing the Christmas spirit! I'm dying because of this!" Bernard spat back at the toy.
"Awww! Maybe a few days without cocoa should cheer ya up, huh? See ya later!" The toy said. He made his way to the door, and I hid behind a stack of big cookie boxes.
"No... No! NO-!" Bernard's voice yelled before all I heard were muffled screams of an Elf in distress.
When the toy santa had turned a corner with the soldiers, I slid in through and saw Bernard. He looked up at me. I gasped. That rubber butt gagged him with tinsel. I'm gonna kill him. I ran over, took the tinsel out of his mouth, and smashed my lips onto his.
"Bernard! Thank god! You're okay!" I mumbled as I gave a massive hug, inhaling the smell of hot cocoa... but it was dying off.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Getting you out of here!" I replied.
I tugged as hard as I could on the ribbon, but it wouldn't budge.
"It's no use, y/n! It's over! The ribbon is too strong. Christmas is ruined!" Bernard said. He started to cry silently. I cupped his cheek with my hand and made him look at me.
"Christmas isn't ruined yet! I'm gonna go and get my uncle, bring him back here, untie you, and everything will be okay. I promise!"
"Promise, promise?" Bernard asked.
"Cross my heart and hope to die!" I said.
My boyfriend smiled up at me, and I swiftly wiped the tears that were falling down his cheek.
I went to the door and ran out.
I needed to get my uncle, the REAL santa Clause...but how?