Chapter 4= 'The Santa Clause'

Y/n's POV

Uncle Scott and I followed Bernard into what looked like a MASSIVE workshop filled with elves pottering with toys. "Look! I'm not Santa Clause!" Scott yelled. We both took one look at the workshop and looked at eachother in shock but then realised we were way far behind Bernard so we ran after him yet again....he was fast!
"Did you or did you not read the card?" The Elf asked my uncle. We finally caught up with him.
"Yeah! I read the card!" My uncle squealed.
"Then your the new santa!" Bernard yelled back.
"In putting on the hat and jacket, you accepted the contract!"
"What contract?" Scott asked the poor head Elf.
"The card in the suit! You said you read it, right?" Bernard replied. "So when you put on the suit! Your subject to the santa clause!" He added.
Then Bernard handed my uncle a freshly baked cookie. "The Santa Clause?" Scott questioned. "Oh! You mean the guy that fell off my roof?"
I struggled to keep up with them.
Bernard was clearly annoyed and a bit stressed "no no no, not santa clause the person, santa clause the clause!" Bernard said in a slight yell.
"What?!?!" Scott yelled.
"Come on, uncle Scott!" I yelled.
"Look!....your a businessman, right?" Bernard questioned. "Yeah?" Scott replied
"Okay! Look! The clause as in the last line of a contract!"
Scott looked at Bernard as if he were crazy.
"...YOU Got the card?!?!" Bernard said his voice getting more loud and annoyed. Scott got the card out and handed it to the elf. Bernard exhaled deeply and started to read the card. "Okay look...the santa clause. In putting on this suit and entering the sleigh-!" He began to read as he put the card in the magnifying glass and I peered over my uncles shoulder reading along with him. "-the wearer waves any and all rights of previous identity, real or implied, and fully accepts the duties and responsibilities of Santa Clause in perpetuity until such time that wearer becomes unable to do so! Be either accident or design!" He'd finally finished and uncle Scott took the card and held it up to the sky.
"What does that mean?!?!" Scott asked in a high pitched voice.
"Ugh! Uncle!" I yelled, clearly annoyed.
"It means you put on the suit, your the big guy!" Bernard said, turning around and walking ahead.
My uncle then continued to ramble on and said "that's ridiculous. I didn't put on a suit just to-!"
"TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!" Bernard yelled. Practically the whole North Pole could hear him. Uncle Scott was taken aback by his yelling and all of the elves even said "ooohhhh.." as if to say my uncle was in trouble now. Bernard soon walked up to us and made us walk with him as he said "Let me explain something to you, okay?" Uncle Scott nodded along with it and I followed them. "Toys have to be delivered. I'm not gonna do it, it's not my job, I'm just an Elf!"...a handsome Elf. I thought to myself. Then the elf added "It's Santa's job, but santa fell of a roof, your roof! YOU read the card! YOU put on the suit that clearly falls under the santa clause so now your santa, OKAY!" Yelling the last bit, the exhausted head Elf turned around and stared us both down with a look as if to say 'You get me now?!?!'
"Question?" Uncle Scott broke a stare silence.
"WHAT?!?!" Bernard yelled, he WAS getting very annoyed.
"When can I get outta here?" Scott asked. Charlie piped up and said.
"Dad!, you gotta see this place!" And ran up to me, my Uncle, and Bernard. Then Bernard answered my uncles question "you leave tomorrow morning! You have 11 months to get your affairs in order, your due back here thanksgiving!" The specks of glitter on Bernard's cheeks glistening in the light of the workshop...he was sooo dreamy!
"I'm not coming back here thanksgiving!" Uncle Scott fought back.
"I'll ship the list to your house!" Bernard said through gritted teeth.
"What list?" Scott questioned.
"Really uncle Scott?!?!" I piped up.
"Oh come on! The list!" Bernard said. The Elf looked around and leaned in slightly to my uncle Scott and I.
And began to sing softly "He's making a list.."
"Checking it twice!" Charlie sang along. Then the elves sang also singing "Gonna find out who's naughty or nice!" Bernard held his head in his hands and sighed greatly.
"Ugh, look! You put a 'P' next to the kids who are nice and a 'C' next to the naughty ones!" The Elf instructed.
"'P' and 'C'??" My uncle questioned with deep confusion
"Yeah! "P" for present, "C" for coal, right Bernard?" Charlie said, looking up at the elf
"Right!" The Elf replied feeling better that there's at least a young boy that knows.
"Wait a minute! How do I know who's good and bad?" My uncle said.
"You'll know!" The Elf insured.
Bernard turned his back and walked away from us and Scott hurried along behind him and said "What if I don't wanna do this?" Then, Bernard stopped dead in his tracks and came face to face with my uncle
"Don't even kid about a thing like that!" The Elf said in a worried tone.
"Why not? What if I don't buy into this santa clause thing? What if i chose not to believe it?" Scott said. I looked at Scott with slightly wide eyes. All of the elves stopped and stared in shock and sadness.
"...then there would be millions of disappointed children around the world!" Bernard spoke up after feeling a stab to the stomach feeling and added "You see-!...children hold the spirit of Christmas within their hearts!....You wouldn't want to be responsible for...killing the spirit of Christmas now would you, Santa?" Bernard was about to walk off but remembered and said to my uncle "Judy will take you to your room and I myself will take y/n to her's!"
"Whoa! Hey now! Your not taking my niece anywhere!" Scott yelled. Was he jealous??
"She'll be fine! She's safe with me!" Bernard gestured for me to follow him and I walked off with him, looking back at my uncle Scott over my shoulder.
Then, Bernard added "Get out of the suit, it needs to be cleaned and taken in. Then get some sleep! We got a lot of work to do and only a year in which to do it!"
I was sooo scared but soooo amazed