Chapter 13= Arrested!

Y/n's POV

I was sat in the break room, sipping on a nice mug of hot cocoa. It had been an hour since my uncle took off. Bernard and Quintin were with me in the break room. It was silent...that was until a worried looking Judy came and looked over the balcony down at us three.
"We've got a problem," Judy said. My eyes widened and I stood up from my seat.
"Santa was at the Millers, but he's not responding!" Judy finished.
"Well, time to deploy E.L.F.S?" Quintin said, folding his arms. Bernard stood up from his seat, went over to a rope and pulled on it causing a bell to ring through the air.

The E.L.F.S team made their way to the jail were my uncle was kept and broke him out with Charlie at their side and now they were at Laura and Neil's house.

Me and Bernard decided we would drop in and say hi.
"So, are you sure the teleportation thing is gonna work?" I asked him as I was practising my Elf powers. He took my hand and kissed my forehead.
"As long as you think and picture where you wanna go, you'll be fine!" He reassured. I closed my eyes and focused on their house. As soon as we knew it, I opened my eyes and we were in Laura and Neil's kitchen. I looked over and saw Bernard helping himself to a sandwich.
"Really??" I asked him, folding my arms.
"What? I'm hungry!" Bernard retaliated.
We walked into the hallway.
"What's all this boo-hooing going on here?" Bernard asked as we linked arms. Neil hit his back against the doorframe out of shock.
"Hey Neil!" I said.
"It's nothing, Bernard I'm just saying goodbye to Charlie!" My uncle replied.
"Y/n? What's going on?" Laura asked.
I pulled my hair aside to reveal my pointy ears
"Y/n's an Elf! I told you!" Charlie yelled.
"That's ridiculous!" Neil stated
"Seeing isn't believing, Neil! Believing is seeing!" I stated matter-of-factly.
"And y/n and Bernard are together, right?" Charlie asked
I was hesitant but nodded
"Oh my god!! My niece has a boyfriend!" Laura exclaimed, harmonising.
"Okay, Laura! Calm down!" I yelled.
"What goodbye? Charlie, you still got the glass ball, right?" Bernard questioned.
"Yeah!" Charlie replied.
"Well, all you gotta do is shake it, whenever you wanna see your dad or your cousin!" Bernard informed
"Really?" Charlie asked
"They can come to see you anytime, day or night!" Bernard finished.
"Hey! Charlie, has Bernard ever steered ya wrong?" I said, mocking Bernard's slight accent.
Charlie shook his head.
"Nice sweater. Hey, did we make this?" Bernard asked as he inspected Neil's sweater and started looking for the tag. I giggled.
Neil turned to Laura with widened eyes
"Laura. He's sucking us into his delusions!...look at the elaborate measures he's taken!" Neil said, snatching the sandwich out of my boyfriend's hand.
I looked back to Laura.
"Neil. Relax. I'll explain it to you later!" Laura said. I looked back towards Neil but Bernard had vanished and all that was left in his presence was gold, green, and red specks.
"Where'd he go?" Neil asked, shocked to the core. Neil ran down the hall, out of sight.
"That cheeky sod," I yelled "Leaving his girlfriend with her annoying uncle and cousin!" I said sarcastically.
Charlie laughed.
"Different appearance but the same personality!" Santa said as he pulled me into a tight, warm hug.
Then we all started to hear police sirens outside.
"Y/n!" Santa said. I turned my head to look at him "Time to go!" Santa said.

I heard Laura from up on the roof as she was talking to the massive group of officers ready to break down the door.
My uncle and I climbed into the sleigh and lifted up and over the front yard of the house.
"Goodbye, Charlie!" My uncle and I said in unison.
"Bye, dad! Bye, y/n!" Charlie yelled back, waving up at us.
"Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!" Uncle Sc- Santa exclaimed.
Since I was an Elf I had super hearing so I heard Neil and Charlie talking
"I'm sorry, Charlie!"
"That's okay, Neil! You were just denying your inner child!" Charlie said. Laura laughed out loud and my heart was turning all warm.
"You're gonna make a great psychiatrist one day, kid!" Neil said to Charlie. I rolled my eyes. Then Charlie said "No....I think I'm going to go into the family business!" I let a little giggle escape my system.
"Look out below!" I yelled as I dropped down three presents on parachutes.
A football for Charlie,
A mystery date game for Laura,
And an Oscar Mayer wienie whistle for Neil.
Laura and Neil reacted like they were little kids.
And that was a lovely sight to see....