chapter 5= Interrogated.

No one's POV

Krampus was walking down the winding hallways of his hideout, passing a few dark elves on the way.
He then came to a bolted door.
He punched in the code, and the door swung open.
He strode in.
Bernard was sitting in a chair in the middle of the room, hands tied behind his back, and rope wrapped around his torso to keep him more secure.
Dark elves were in the corners of the room, candy canes with tasers on the end in hand.
"Having fun?" Krampus asked.
"The best!" Bernard said sarcastically.
"Well, I just want to ask you one thing..... Where are your friends hiding? Cause a little birdie told me that you have a secret bunker somewhere... Perhaps?" Krampus leaned in and got real close to Bernard's face.
"I would rather kiss a reindeer than tell you!" Bernard spat back.
Krampus nodded to one of the dark elves, and the dark elf came over, switched on the tazer, and zapped the poor Elf in his neck for 3 seconds.
"I'll ask again.... Where is that bunker?" Krampus repeated himself.
"I'll. Never. Tell. You!" Bernard paused between every word, getting his point straight across.
Another dark elf zapped Bernard in the neck again, but for 5 seconds this time.
Bernard groaned and winced.
"One last chance... Where. Is. The. Bunker?" Krampus said for the last time.
"You can use that tazer as many times as you like... I'm not telling you anything!"
Krampus had had enough.
Krampus cut the ropes binding Bernard's torso and left his hands still tied. He pulled him out of the chair and marched him down the winding hallways.
"If you don't wanna tell me where the bunker is... You can suffer this Christmas!" Krampus kicked a bolted door open and flung Bernard in it.
"I'll come back for you later!" Krampus said as he started to close the door and bolt it up again.
"No, no, no, PLEASE NO!!!" Bernard yelled after him, but he had already closed the door and bolted it.
He riggled and squirmed on the floor, but his hands were tied.... He wasn't going anywhere.
Just then, I butterfly flew in through an open window in the room. It landed on Bernard's pale cheek. He smiled.
"Hey, little guy." Bernard whispered to the beautiful bug.
The butterfly shot Bernard a loving look.
"Pass a message on for me, will ya?" Bernard asked. The butterfly nodded its head slightly.
"There's a trap door round the back of the factory. There's a girl in there. Y/n. You're a recording butterfly, right?" Bernard asked. The butterfly nodded.
"Okay. Record this." The butterfly then raised its antenna and started recording Bernard's voice as he spoke his message, "Hey, y/n. It's Bernard. How's everyone doing? Listen, I'm fine. Yeah, I'm in a little bit of a kringle right now, but I'm thinking of you and Stella, and that's what matters. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out of here. And when I do, I'll come and find you. A promise is a promise.
I love you. Give Stella a big hug for me. Goodbye." Bernard then nodded to the butterfly, and it stopped recording.
"Send!" Bernard said. Then, the butterfly took off through the window and started to fly towards the bunker. It flew through the dark mist and the dainty bits of black snow.
Its blue wings were the only colour in the whole of the North Pole right now. Krampus had sucked all of the colour out of the pole... Literally!

Y/n's POV

I was sitting on the dusty floor, Stella at my side, my uncle on the other side, Curtis sat in the corner, Betty sat next to him, and the other elves cramped in with us.
Then, I saw the most beautiful butterfly with bright blue wings that could light up the bunker.
"Look." I softly said as the butterfly landed in the palm of my hand. "Ohhhh." The elves said in awe.
"It's a message butterfly!" My uncle said.
"Do you have a message?" I asked it. The butterfly nodded.
Then, it started playing a message. Then, warmth, oh beautiful warmth, as Bernard's voice echoed through the bunker on the message, "Hey, y/n. It's Bernard. How's everyone doing? Listen, I'm fine. Yeah, I'm in a little bit of a kringle right now, but I'm thinking of you and Stella, and that's what matters. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out of here. And when I do, I'll come and find you. A promise is a promise. I love you. Give Stella a big hug for me. Goodbye." The message ended, and I started crying as Stella cried, "Daddy! I miss you!" All of the elves had tears rolling down their cheeks. My uncle pulled me into a warm hug. I cried into his shoulder.
"When are we gonna do the plan, Esther?" I asked, sniffling.
"Tomorrow, sun-up!" She replied.
I nodded. I was ready to punch Krampus in his freaky face.