chapter 7= Lucy!

Y/n's POV

"Okay, so let me get this straight! You are de-santafying? And you only have 27 days to find a wife, or you two are out?" Laura asked, horrified.
"Yeah!" I said.
We got McDonalds on the way, and I placed the food on the kitchen counter.
"What are you gonna do? We dated for three years before you finally got up the courage to propose!" Laura said.
"Yikes, Uncle Scott!" I said, cringing.
"That's a pretty serious commitment issue, isn't it, Scott?" Niel asked.
"Why yes, it is, sigmund!" I stated, faking realisation.
"I was afraid I messed up the first time, and I'm even more afraid now!" Scott said.
"Dad, you can't give up! There's never been a better santa!" Charlie said.
"I appreciate that, sport!" Scott said, using the famous nickname.
"Maybe it's for the best you know!" Scott said.
"Yeah! Maybe if your dad spent more time with you, Charlie, you would spend less time supporting the spray paint industry!" I said, resting my elbow on the counter and rested my chin on it.
"Don't do that to yourself, Scott! You have been a great dad. And being santa has made you an even better man!" Laura complimented.
"I'm gonna go out on an emotional limb here, Scott!" Niel started.
"Niel, don't try to make him cry!" I said, pointing an unsatisfied finger.
"Wether you believe it or not, you have a great capacity for love. I know you could find someone wonderful to spend the rest of your life with! Don't let the facts that you have no time, no prospects, and a paralysing fear of intimacy get you down!" Niel concluded.
"Have you ever helped anyone? Ever?" Scott asked.
"He's got a point. Oh boy, speechless!" I sang.
"You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to look through my phone book and see who's still single out there and not too bitter!" Laura said, upping the enthusiasm.
"Yeah! And you know what, dad, there's plenty of divorced mums at school who will go out with anybody!" Charlie said, rummaging through the fridge. I joined him by his side.
"Charlie's got a point, Uncle Scott!" I said.
"Oh! Y/n, how's your 'soon-to-be husband'?" Charlie asked, trying to kiss me.
"He's fine! Now, I get off!" I said, pushing him off me.
"Well, as promising as this all sounds, I don't need help with this area. Your old man was a legend in high school. I was a double letterman. I had a Mustang! So, as far as dating goes, I think if anybody could stir up the old mojo! It would be moi," Just as Scott was saying this, his beard went short, and now, he had no bead at all, Laura and Neil stared at Scott in shock.
"Come on! I don't think there's a woman out there who doesn't want a piece of this!" Scott finished.
"Hi, mom!" My cousin, Lucy's, voice came. My Elf ears perked up, and I put my beanie on my head.
"Lucy!" Scott said, smiling.
"Uncle Scott, y/n!" She yelled in excitement as she lied eyes on us.
"How's my little sweat pea? Ugh! I haven't seen ya in a long time!" Scott said, swooping her up into the air and set her on the kitchen counter.
"So, tell us what's been happening?" I asked her.
"Uncle Scott, y/n I learned how to swim underwater, and I'm not afraid!" She said confidently.
"That's amazing! Wait a minute, maybe we'll have to go to the mall and...get some ice cream!" Scott aid. Lucy gasped in excitement.
"Dad, plenty of women at the mall!" Charlie said.
"Charlie!" I said in a warning tone but smiling.
Charlie's eyes widened, and he looked away from me.

-time skip-
The next day...

I decided to, well, "spy" on my boyfriend and how he was doing before I left my family to go back to the pole because I promised Bernard I would.
So, I opened my Elf phone that could access any camera in the pole.
Then, Bernard's voice perked up through the phone.
"Now, santa, I want you to look forward and put on a smiley face! So hello to your elves!" He said.
"Ho, ho, ho! You're all doing a wonderful job!" Toy santa said. I cringed. Bit too cheesy.
Then, an Elf approached him.
"Santa, when you said the bigger wheels, is this what you meant?" He said. The toy looked at Bernard, and he nodded.
"Ho, ho, ho! You're doing a wonderful job!" The toy yelled in the poor elf's face. He turned away, confused, and I physically face-palmed this time.
"You're doing great! You could...dial it down a little on the 'ho,ho,ho's' but otherwise, your gold!" Bernard explained.
"Ho, ho, ho! Ho! Ho! Ho, ho, ho!" The toy said, continuing to ignore my boyfriend's instructions.
Bernard turned to Curtis and sighed in relief.
"Why don't you just say it? "You were right, Curtis! I was wrong!"" Curtis said.
"Okay, okay, I admit it! You're happy, workin' hard! Everything's gonna be fine!" Bernard said, patting Curtis on the shoulder.
Then, the toy came up to my boyfriend and Curtis and said, "You know, this book is very interesting reading! There's a lot of rules right here, up at the North Pole, they're not following!"
"That's what I've been saying all along! Things have gotten a little too sloppy around here!" Curtis said. Bernard frowned at Curtis but went along with it.
"Yes! And sloppiness means mistakes! And MISTAKES AREN'T A GOOD THING!!!" the toy said, shouting the last bit, causing Bernard to jump slightly.
"I think I might have to make some changes around here!" The toy said, exchanging looks at Curtis and Bernard.
"What did ya have in mind, boss?" Curtis asked.
"Well, let me show you..." Santa trailed off with Curtis, but Bernard stayed behind and watched them. He had an unsure look painted onto his face. I needed to get back to him and fast!
Then, Lucy came into my bedroom and sat on my bed. I turned off the camera phone.
"Y/n, do you gotta go?" She said, putting her head on my shoulder.
"Yeah! But don't worry! Uncle Scott's still here!" I reassured, rubbing her shoulder.
"Charlie's gonna miss you!" She said.
"Really?" I asked, quite surprised.
"Yeah!" She said.
"Well, I'd better get going!" I said, grabbing my day bag and slinging it over my shoulder.
Lucy and I went downstairs, and I was met with Laura, Niel, Charlie, and Scott. I hugged Niel first, and he leaned in and whispered, "Make sure ya stay safe at the pole." Then winking at me, I smiled.
I went and hugged Laura next, and she said, "Tell Bernard I said hi.""
"Will do!" I said.
I then came to Charlie and hugged him very tight!
"See ya, sport!" I whispered.
"Tell Bernard congratulations on the proposal!" Charlie joked.
"Shut up!" I said, ruffling his hair. He was so grown up! And taller than me, I might add.
I gave Uncle Scott a hug, and he told me to take care of "rubber butt" I knew who he ment.
I hugged Lucy, and out the front door, I went. Then, Blitzen appeared in a puff of dust and I climbed onto his back.
"Hey bud, how's things?" I asked him.
He gabbled, and I laughed in response.
We flew into the sky and disappeared into the clouds.
I couldn't wait to breath in the lovely smell of cocoa in Bernard's loving embrace. I couldn't wait to see all the elves again...