chapter 12= Bernard?!?!?!

Y/n's POV

What did that rubber butt do to him?....

I ran over to my boyfriend, took the apple out of his mouth, and placed his head on my lap.
I shook him, but no matter how much I did, he wouldn't awake.
"Bernard?.....Bernard! Wake up!" I yelled, shaking him so much.
His eyelids wouldn't move, not even a flutter.
"Come on, Bernard! Wake up! Please! You can't do this!....Ever since I met you, I thought you might've been the one for me. And, the point is,...you were! And, I could never ask for anyone better than you! When you gave Charlie that snowglobe, I thought you were such a kind and caring soul! You never seem to disappoint me! You're always there for me when I was down and miserable, and I always trusted you! I know we're in a bit of a Kringle right now, but....please! Come back! Wake up! I need you! The North Pole needs you! The elves need you! Charlie needs you! My uncle needs you!.....Christmas. Needs. You! I can't lose you! Not now!" I let my heart pour out to him. But, he still wouldn't wake.
I started to cry and sniffle. I stroked his cold cheek, "Please..." I begged one last time. No answer. I let the tears roll. I found a knife on the kitchen counter and cut the ropes that binded his hands and feet and I pulled him into a hug and inhaled the smell of hot cocoa for what might have been the last time. He was cold, and I shivered at his limp body's touch.
"Please....I love you, B." I whispered in his ear.

-time skip-
10 minutes later

I fell asleep in Bernard's cold but loving embrace. I then felt a cold hand on my back. My heart lit up. I pulled away and saw him, Bernard. His eyes very much open but his eyelids still a bit droopy. His skin wasn't rosie, but very pale.
He smiled at me.
I let a few tears of joy and relief roll down my cheek. He swiftly wiped them away and cupped my cheek with his hand.
I attacked him with a hug.
"Oh my garland! Thank god you're okay!" I said, hugging him so tight.
"I'm glad to see you, Snow Bunny!" He said, stroking my hair.
"Can you stand?" I asked him. I stood up, and I let go of him.
"...no! I can't!" Bernard said as he fell back onto the floor.
I cwtched in next to him and took his hand in mine.
"At least you're here with me!" I said.
"At least you're safe!...I'm sorry, y/n!"
"What are you talking about?" I asked my boyfriend.
"I shouldn't have told the elves about the toy.....I ruined Christmas!" My boyfriend said as tears rolled down his cheek.
"NO!! No! It's not your fault! Maybe it's my fault! I should have told the elves! Then, I wouldn't have to look at you when you're like this!" I said, rubbing his shoulder.
He chuckled.
"I do love you so!" He said. He took my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck, and we leaned in and our lips were touching ever so slightly. Then, Bernard went deeper into the kiss, and so did I. We pulled away from each other and smiled. But, Bernard's smile soon faded as he put his hand to his chest, inhaled deeply, and failed to stay up straight, even in a sitting position for he fell onto the floor and winced and groaned.
"Bernard?!?! What's wrong?!?!" I asked him, taking his hand.
He looked back at me, white-eyed.
I drew back in shock and fear.
He spoke to me, "Do you think that I could love someone like you!" I felt hurt. I didn't know who this was, but it wasn't Bernard.
"Do you think that anyone could love you! I was just trying to make you like me so that I could easily toy with your feelings!" I started to cry. This wasn't the Bernard I knew. Benrard would never say stuff like that. I sobbed loudly.
"Crying ain't gonna get ya anywhere, princess!" He spoke, his voice deepening.
"STOP!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!" I yelled, covering my ears.
Then, Bernard's eyes turned normal, and he fell backwards and hit his head on the hard wood floor.
I slowly uncovered my ears. Was that what Bernard really thinks of me??
He jolted awake and quickly sat up.
He looked at me and saw my tears.
"Snow bunny, what's wrong??" He asked.
I shoke my head.
"....nothing!" It was hard saying that, but before I could say anything else, the door burst open. My uncle and Curtis ran through the door with....Principal Newman?!?!
"Bernard, y/n!" My uncle exclaimed happily as he came up to us both and hugged us.
"Come on! We gotta save Christmas!" Curtis yelled as he pointed out the door. Me and Bernard stood up.
Charlie came into my view.
"Charlie!" I exclaimed, hugging him.
"Hey!" Charlie said, hugging me back.
He laid eyes on Bernard.
"Hey, Sport!" Bernard said. Charlie ran up to him and hugged him so tight.
"You've grown!" Bernard said to Charlie.
He pulled and Charlie looked at him.
"Yeah! Um....you've shrunk!" Charlie replied. Bernard chuckled.
"You alright, buddy? You look a little pale!" My uncle said, indicating Bernard's complexion.
"Huh? Oh yeah! I'm fine! Come on! Let's go save Christmas!" Bernard yelled. We all ran out of the house and made a direct line to the reindeer stables.