chapter 9= an unexpected visit...

Y/n's POV

I was in my uncles work office and they showed us a terrible storyboard that had santa clause and the elves preparing a tank for Christmas.
"They're meant to look funny, sweetheart. They're elves!" The man said sternly to me.
"Just my niece's opinion," Scott said, defending me, "can't they look a little younger? With silver specks on their cheeks!" My uncle suggested. I smiled to myself.
"Can we continue here?!" Mr. Whittle said, starting to get annoyed.
"Oh! And one more thing!" I piped up.
Everyone turned to look at me.
"If your planning on putting the head Elf in there!....I would suggest making him a little older...and more handsome..." I said, muttering the handsome bit. But I think my uncle heard me because he look back at me with wide eyes.
My uncle turned back to the front, shaking off what I said.
"...okay..now, this year Santa's not going out in a sleigh!...this time he's going total tank!" I was taken aback as the man revealed a picture of Santa in a tank! I was getting a bit angry....might be the elf hormones.
"Wait a minute! No way!" My uncle yelled. "No way Santa's going anywhere without his sleigh!" My uncle fought with his words.
"He would if he's trying to sell the total tank!" The man fought back.
"My last brain cell has just gone like a pocket of silver dust!" I yelled.
"Well, isn't that a pretty picture?" My uncle said sarcastically referring to the storyboard. "Santa rolling down the block in a panzer!" Scott yelled.
"Well, kids, I certainly hope you've been good this year! Cause it looks like santa just took out the Pearson home!" Uncle Scott said, standing from his seat. "INCOMING!!!" My uncle yelled, imitating the Pearson home getting taken down.
"And another thing! What about the reindeer?" I stood up, frustrated.
"Reindeer and santa, santa and reindeer!" I continued.
"It's kind of a package deal. Isn't that right, y/n?" My uncle said. I nodded confidently in response.
"Calvin," Mr. Whittle got my uncles attention
"You don't belive in santa, do you?" I said to Mr. Whittle, folding my arms.
"Can we get back to the presentation?" Mr. Whittle ordered, clearly annoyed.
"My uncles not done yet!" I said matter-of-factly whilst chuckling.
"Since we've opened this box, have any of you tried to build the total tank?" Scott asked.
"It's got 10,000 parts!" I piped....but how did I know that??
"And even if you do get it together, it breaks 10 minutes later!" My uncle explained.
"Then you gotta spend more money, to buy more parts!" I explained joining my uncle at his side.
"I thought that was the whole point!" The man snapped at us.
"No, no, no,"
"No, no, no!" My uncle and I said at the same time.
"What we got to do is develop a basic, simple, inexpensive toy!" My uncle began.
"That will nurture a child's creative thinking!" I finished. My uncle grabbed the whole plate of cookies and Mr. Whittle stood up from his chair. "Calvin..." He said.
"Hey, try the brown ones!" My uncle said handing him the plate of cookies.
"Can I see you outside a minute?" Mr. Whittle said. They soon went outside. I raised my hand.
"Anyone know where the toilet is?"
I asked. The woman looked at me and said "3rd floor first door on your left, sweetie!"
"Thanks!" I went up to the 3rd floor and I banged my head on the woman's toilet door in stress.
"Everything okay, snow bunny?" A familiar voice came. I turned around to see Bernard holding a large tub.
"Bernard?!?!? What are you doing here?!?!" I whisper-yelled.
"I thought you were having a bad time so I brought you some pumpkin soup!" He handed me the tub and I smiled at him.
"Thanks! I'm just worried about my dad! The other day he took a walk with Charlie and I and a trail of stray reindeer followed us! And now he's trying to convince his boss to not put santa in a tank for Christmas!" I explained.
"A tank?!?!" The Elf yelled.
"Yes! It's sickening, I know!"
"Yeah!"
"Look, Bernard I just want to say-!" I walked forward to him but slipped on a wet floor and stumbled into him. Then something happened....something I wish didn't! He grabbed my waist to stop me from falling, I pushed him against the wall (on accident) and my lips smashed onto his.......we kissed!

I pulled away after about 5 seconds and the elf's face turned as red as Santa's suit.
"Maybe you should go!" I said to him.
He clicked his fingers and he was gone.

-time skip-
In school

I felt really uneasy at school today....if I'm honest....I loved the kiss I shared with Bernard. For an Elf he was such a good kisser. It was the end of the day and I went to my locker. But, when your wearing a beanie all the time...it leads to a group of popular girls teasing you.
"Hey, it's beanie brain!" Said one of the girls, Rachel.
"Hey, it's the pick me!" I retaliated.
"What did you say?"
"Oh! I'm sorry! I said HEY IT'S THE PICK ME!" I said, yelling as I repeated what I said.
"You better watch out!" Rachel said.
"You better not cry!" I said, singing santa clause is coming to town.
Rachel pushed me against my locker and glared into my eyes.
"I'm not kidding, beanie brain! Your hiding something and I'm gonna find out what that something is!" Then she spoke again but all that came out of her mouth was ...
"OINK!" I raised my eyebrow in confusion. Rachel stepped back as she grew two little piggy ears, a snout that wrinkled as she snorted, and a curly tail grew out from her skirt. Everyone in the hallway screamed as Rachel ran away looking like a creature who loves to roll in the mud. I looked over and saw Bernard hid in the corner waving magic around....he was the one who transformed Rachel into a pig. I shot a smile his way and he winked at me before he disappeared into a puff of gold dust with red and green specks. I ran out of the school and made my way to my uncles house.