Chapter 8= Santafication process

Y/n's POV

I woke up the next morning and went to school thinking about what Bernard had said to me but I just ignored it. I had to cover up my ears with a mustard beanie I had with me for my stay with my uncle and I let a sigh of relief escape my lips as I went in through the front door of Scott's house after school. To my surprise, I saw my uncle Scott sat at the dining table with his head in his hands.
"You alright uncle Scott?" I asked him grabbing a banana from the cabinet.
"No! Charlie had a parent career day! And I uhhh....kinda told his entire class I was santa clause!" My poor uncle replied. Oh! I forgot to mention my dad said I'd be staying with uncle Scott for 2 whole months!!!!!! I wasn't that sad if I'm honest. I thought I might as well tell my uncle about the santafication process.
"Hey! I forgot to tell you! Um Bernard came by last night! When Charlie left and he told me that-!"
"The creep of an Elf was in your room last night?!?!?!" Scott yelled.
"Scott! He's not a creep!!! He told me that over the next few months you'll experience...some changes. You'll start to become santa clause. You'll grow a white beard, a big belly, and you'll start to have cravings for sweets, milk, and cookies and stuff like that! And I think the magic spread to me to!"
"What? Are you gonna grow a beard and a belly to?!"
"No uncle Scott! Just-....look!"
I took off my beanie and showed him my Elf ears.
"WOAH!!! YOUR GROWING EARS!!!" Scott yelled at the top of his lungs.
"Yes! I'm becoming an Elf!"

-time skip-
The weekend

I woke up to the sound of uncle Scott screaming from the bathroom. I sprung out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Uncle Scott had already grown a little grey beard, his hair was an iron grey, and he had gained weight overnight.
I raised my hands and put them over my mouth and gasped on shock
"It's already happening!!!!"
Scott yelled at me.
"Oh my god! This is not good!"
I replied.

-time skip-
Monday...

I missed school today because at my uncles work office it was take your kid to work day. Charlie wasn't able to come because he was with Laura and Neil. Scott shaved his tiny beard off to not make people suspicious....not that they would be! We ran to the office because we were a bit late. One of the people in the office was already ordering food.
"I'll have a field green salad and-....oh my god!" The woman exclaimed as me and my uncle ran into the office.
"Calvin!" His boss yelled.
"Sorry...the dry cleaners in my neighbourhood went up in smoke, a big chemical fire. All of the clothes, poof, gone!"
"Yeah! Total disaster!" I said as I pulled my beanie down over my Elf ears.
His boss Mr. Whittle came over to us and looked down at my uncles belly.
"My god your-....your weight!" He said. My eyes widened in embarrassment.
"What happened??" His boss asked us.
"...bee sting, evidently-!"
"He's allergic!" I piped up.
"Yeah...almost killed me! But the guy in the emergency room says...."the swelling will go down"!"  My uncle says sitting down into his office seat at a long table and I stood behind him.
"We hope it'll go down!....anyways, did my uncle miss anything?" I asked his boss
The guy at the end of the table said "No we were just ordering lunch!"
"Great! We're starving! Aren't we, y/n!" My uncle said, looking back at me.
"no need for me to have anything. I had a nice bowl of pumpkin soup from Bernard! He came by this morning!"
"I'm sorry he what?!?!" My uncle said.
"Relax he sent it by note!" I replied in a slightly raised mutter.
Then the woman continued to order her food "I'll have a salad, an ice tea, and dressing on the side..."
Then my uncle studied the menu carefully.
My uncle was about to order but then Mr. Whittle ordered before him.
"Pasta and tomatoes. And very light on the oil. Can you do that?" The waiter nodded in response.
"And I'll have a Caeser. No dressing,"
My uncle eventually was able to speak "And one of those homemade cookies the warm ones. With chocolate chips. No nuts." I chuckled to myself because I remember Bernard telling me about how my uncle would start to have cravings for sweets and mostly milk and cookies. I kept the orb in case of emergencies in my little handbag I took to my uncles office. I held it tight.
"A little slice of cheesecake, creme brulee, and um...a hot fudge sundae, extra hot fudge!" My uncle finished ordering and sat back on his office chair. Silence grew over the office and I felt a droplet of sweat run down my forehead. I felt like I was overreacting about this.
"....on the side!" My uncle said.
I giggled nervously.
"Anything to drink?" The waiter asked my uncle Scott.
My uncle took a second to think before answering with 3...2...1 "Ice-cold milk!" .....told ya!
"Stung by a bee, Scott?" The woman at my uncles side leaned into him.
"...A big bee!" My uncle answered, sounding unsure.
"Oh boy.." I whispered to myself, emphasising the 'b' in 'boy'.
When the food arrived, everyone had finished except for...my uncle. He was scooping the last bit of his hot fudge sundae out of the bottom of the cup and everyone else at the table stared at my uncle in utter confusion and disgust.
He had finally finished and I face-palmed.
Then, Mr. Whittle gestured to the man at the end of the table and he stood up and said, "Okay, now, remember. This is just a storyboard!...but here is our..preliminary total tank TV spot,"
Mr. Whittle nodded along with the business "Okay, now," the man continued "We've got Santa. He's up at the North Pole. He's getting ready for Christmas!" I smiled to myself but when he revealed the story board. I saw a picture of Santa and the elves getting a tank ready for Christmas. My smile faded and turned into a grimace and then a frown.
"Oh no," My uncle whined "problem?" The man asked my uncle. My uncle sat forward on his chair whilst I was sat on what looked like a waiting room chair behind my uncle with my arms folded.
"It's just this little thing. The elves!" My uncle said.
"What about the elves?" The man asked.
"They look funny!" I interjected.
"They're meant to look funny, sweetheart. They're elves!" The man said sternly to me. I cringed when I looked at the storyboard again. I hated it.