chapter 12= back to the Pole!

Y/n's POV

I watched mine and Charlie's snow globes come to life and Charlie ran up to us and we both engulfed him in a group hug.
"Thank you, Charlie. Thank you." My uncle said. Pulling away from the hug, Charlie looked between me and my uncle.
"I love you, dad." Charlie whispered.
"Could you guys leave us alone for a minute? I mean, so we could say goodbye to him properly?" Scott asked Laura and Neil. Laura smiled but Neil wasn't so sure. They eventually left after exchanging a few looks.
"You saw! You saw the ball come to life!" Charlie whisper-yelled in excitement.
"You bet I did...Well, I guess we better go!" Scott whispered.
"Yeah!" I chimed in.
"I'll get my stuff!" Charlie yelled, jumping for the stairs.
"Wait. Sport! Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Scott called after him.
Uncle Scott nodded at me before I explained
"We think its a much better idea if.....you stayed here with your mom!"
"I want to be with you guys!" Charlie replied as his smile faded.
"Boy, I love hearing you say that!" Scott said, stroking his sons head. It was heartbreaking in my opinion!
"You mean I can go?" Charlie asked.
"Boy, this bird is dry...you guys ever heard about basting!" A familiar voice said. I whipped around to see Bernard sat at the dining table, trying some of the turkey.
"Bernard!" I yelled with joy, running up to him and hugging him, burying my face in the crook of his neck.
"Told ya she fell in love with him." Charlie muttered to his dad. Running up to us, Charlie greeted Bernard and started to plead to him.
"Can I go? Please can I go, Bernard?"
"It's okay with me.." Bernard replied.
I pouted my bottom lip as my uncle thought about it.
"Charlie. If..." Laura called. She came into an empty dining room.
"Charlie?"
Laura ran out of the front door and called out loud.
"SCOTT!......CHARLIE???"

-time skip-
Back to the pole...

"Charlie has some great ideas on how to keep you safe!" Bernard explained as me and my uncle followed him to Charlie and a red-headed elf.
"Santa, this is Quintin, head of research and development!" Bernard introduced an Elf.
"Quintin, good to meet ya!" Scott said, shaking Quintins hand
"Hello, Santa. Charlie and I have put our heads together, and I think we've got a few surprises for you!" Quintin said, leaning in and winking at me and my uncle.
"Try us!" I said, returning a wink
"This is some of the best stuff that's come out of the pole since...the ball!"
Bernard said, sounding a bit surprised.
"Fabulous!" My uncle exclaimed.
"But Bernard, what happens if my uncle falls off the roof?" I call after him.

They set a rubber suit on fire and the flames were not destroying any part of it.
"Fireplaces will no longer be a problem!" Bernard explained as he walk round my uncle and placed two hands on my shoulders. We all watched the suit as it melted the dummy but the suit was totally fine.
"It's a new fabric. Completely flame retardant!" Quintin said as He and Judy walked to other side of the suit.
Then Quintin began "It's light-!"
"Yet durable!" I interrupted.
"And you can wear the jumpsuit under your coat and pants!" Judy explained.
"But what do I do...if I fall off...a roof?" My uncle said, spreading his arms out in annoyance.

My uncles beard had grown to the full santa length...

-time skip-
Christmas eve...

We were all walking towards the sleigh in full action, my Uncle had his flame retardant suit, Bernard had my uncles santa suit, I had my Elf clothes on, and now we were walking down the hall, in sync to rock music.
My uncle saw comet had a candy cane rope and a Christmas card with it.
"Did you make the card?" My uncle asked. Comet nodded and grunted.
"Nice rope, Comet! Just in case my uncle falls off the roof!" I commented. Comet nodded and I stroked his fur.
"Alright. Let's go!" My uncle yelled as he climbed into the new sleigh, now in the iconic red santa suit. He really was santa clause!
"Uncle Scott- I mean...santa wait!" I called after my uncle as he grabbed the reins
"What is it, sweetie?" Santa asked.
"...Good luck on your first Christmas eve deliver!"
"Thanks, honey!" Santa said before he leaned down and kissed my forehead.
"Oh! And, Bernard?" My uncle yelled. Bernard came by my side.
"Take care of my niece while I'm gone. If ya know what I mean!" Santa said before leaning in and winking at Bernard causing him to go red in the face.
My uncle took off and I waved him goodbye as Charlie and santa waved back at us. I looked up at Bernard before pecking him on the lips and hugged him. This is gonna be a good Christmas.....
Or so I thought.