chapter 13= Saving Christmas!

Y/n's POV

All the elves ran behind us as we ran into the reindeer stables, all cheering as we ran together.
But we were too late.
As we came to the stables, the toy santa took off in the sleigh, ready to deliver coal to all the children of the world. This was not good.
We all stood and watched in silence for a few seconds until Bernard turned his back and whistled to a reindeer. It was Chet. The elves cleared a path, and my uncle turned to Bernard and said, "What are ya doin'?" 
"You gotta save Christmas!" Bernard said, placing a hand on my uncles chest.
"How am I supposed to save Christmas-?" My uncle asked. Then, Chet came into view but slid a bit to far to the right. My uncle turned to Bernard, panicking and shaking his head.
"No, no, no!" My uncle ranted.
"It's okay! Just- don't worry!" Bernard reassured, stepping to the side and pulling me with him.
Then, Chet ran directly down the path ans skidded on his hoofs.
"Woah, woah, woah!" My uncle yelled as Chet was making a bee line for my uncle. Then, BAM! Chet smashed into my uncle, causing him to fall backwards. Everyone winced as Principal Newman helped my uncle onto his feet and made his way over to Chet, Bernard, and I.
"Excuse me, porkchop!" My uncle said, squeezing past Chet.
"Okay. Chet, this is it! You ready to rock and roll?" Bernard said.
Chet made noises, signalling he was ready.
"Chet?" Principal Newman asked. You know what? I'm gonna say Carol from now on. Principal Newman is too much work.
"Yeah! He's still in training!" Bernard said. Carol raised her eyebrows out my boyfriend then looked back it the young reindeer.
"How much flight time has he had?" My uncle asked.
My boyfriend was hesitant until he said, "About a minute and a half!"
My eyes widened, and I face-palmed.
"Heyyy, but he's had a lot of crash time!" Curtis said.
"Curtis!" My uncle and I said in unison with a hint of warning.
"He's just a baby!" Curtis said. The elves nodded.
"Right, well! Let's see what this baby can do!" My uncle said, straddling Chet.
Chet started humming jingle bells as my uncle climbed onto his back.
"Oh boy, alright, buddy! You know what we gotta do. HAH!" My uncle exclaimed. Chet took off, and we all looked as he flew off on Chet.
We all clapped and cheered.
Bernard clasped his hands together before whipping around to face the crowd of elves and got their attention.
"Okay, everyone! Outside. NOW!!" He yelled. I liked THIS Bernard.
We all ran out of the stables, and I turned to my boyfriend.
"Who are you? And what have you done with Bernard?" I asked him. He chuckled, and we continued to run to the front exit of the workshop.

We made it to the exit. We all pushed open the doors, but Bernard stretched his arms out, stopping Me, Charlie, Curtis, and Carol dead in our tracks. There was a crowd of toy soldiers staring at us. They were ready to attack.
"Snowballs on three!" Bernard yelled.
"One!" He yelled. All of the elves, including Charlie, Carol, and I bent down to the ground and started to gather snow.
"Two!" Bernard continued. The all of arose from gathering the fluffy, white substance. I looked at my boyfriend, a look of pure determination plastered to his face.
".....THREE!!!" Bernard finished. We all threw our snowballs, and they were hitting the tin soldiers, but not doing anything to stop them. We eventually ran out, and the soldiers started to march towards us.
"Okay, elves!.....Let's get em!" Bernard yelled, pounding his fist in the air. We all ran towards the soldiers and started to fight them.

I suddenly remembered something. I grabbed Bernard, who was hitting a soldier with a large candy cane, and pulled him aside.
"Follow me!" I told him. He ran with me until we came to what looked like a tool shed. We opened it and saw two go-carts with two helmets.
"Put this on!" I told him, tossing him a helmet. I then pulled out a long strand of thick, red ribbon and tied both ends to each of the go-carts.
"You thinking what I'm thinking, B?" I asked him.
"...Its time some soldiers were tripped up!" Bernard said, taking off his iconic berret and placing the helmet on his head.

WHIZ!!! Bernard and I were whizzing into the elf village with the red gibbon out as far as it could go.
Then, we started to trip all the soldiers up with the ribbon. Clunk, plunk, clash! The soldiers were nothing but body parts.

-time skip-
10 minutes later.

The sleight came crashing down with my uncle and the toy in it. And the toy came flying out as the sleigh hit the ground. The elves all piled on top of him, and we all took him to the pantograph.

"Let me out of here, you idiot! Wait a minute, something's shocking me!" The toy yelled as we set the pantograph to reduce. I smiled and chuckled at the distressed toy.
Then, Bernard, Charlie, Curtis, Carol, and my uncle started to walk off to the sleigh.
I followed them and came to Bernard's side.
"Where are you going??" Bernard asked.
"You should know this, number 1! It's Christmas time! I gotta deliver gifts!" My uncle said.
"Yeah! But, santa, aren't you forgetting something??" Bernard asked.
"No!" My uncle said.
"Uncle Scott, you gotta get married!" I chimed in. We all stopped.
"Excuse me!" Carol said, confusion lacing her tone.
"Carol, I....I cannot continue being santa unless I find a Mrs. Clause," My uncle explained.
"Oh. So that's what the whole noodles and pie thing....you just needed a wife!" Carol started to catch. I face-palmed .
Noodles and pie?!? I thought to myself.
"No!" My uncle groaned.
"No?"
"Yes!"
"Yes?"
"Yes, I was looking for a wife! No, I didn't figure on falling in love!" My uncle said. Charlie smiled, and I saw a gap in his teeth. Oooohhhh, so that's how he got to the pole!
"You love me?" Carol asked, choking away happy tears. My uncle nodded.
"This is all happening so fast!" Carol said, shaking her head.
"Well, there's no pressure!" I piped up.
"Good!" Carol said, turning to me.
"I mean, if I don't get married, I just won't deliver the gifts, and children everywhere will stop believing, the elves will lose their jobs, and the North Pole will disappear, and Christmas will be gone!" My uncle explained. I covered my mouth in shock. Could that really happen?!?! Then, my Uncle turned to Bernard and I and said,
"And these two love birds would never see each other again cause she would be human again, and he would lose hope and fade away into gold dust!" I took Bernard's hand and rested my head on his shoulder. Carol looked at us with a sympathetic expression then turned back to my uncle.
"Get down on one knee." Abby whispered to my uncle.
"Hmm?" My uncle asked.
"Do it! Now." Abby whisper-yelled and pointed to the floor.
It's show time...