[Chapter 9]

Chapter 9

Unfortunately, Gabe is a huge Harry Potter fan. Considering he didn’t get to see it the day the move came out because of me, we went to see the Harry Potter movie. I was a little lost throughout the movie considering I had stopped watching the movies after part five. Twilight appeared around that time and no one could me sway away from the books or films.

Gabe was a little upset that I didn’t seem to share in his enthusiasm about Harry Potter. I wish I would have been more excited or into the film but it wasn’t possible. I wanted to get away from any type of reminder of mom or Robert while being away from them. Harry Potter wasn’t going to help in that manner.

I could remember when I went to see the forth film in the Harry Potter series, “Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.” That was my first glimpse of the infamous Robert Pattinson playing Cedric Diggory in the film. I had developed a liking to Cedric during the film and was heartbroken when he was killed. I had no idea that that boy playing that character would make such an impression on my teenage life.

I sat beside Gabe my eyes trained on the screen but I wasn’t paying attention. I was glued to that time again that I’ve thought so much about. I know someone might come to me one day asking me if I had the chance to go back and warn myself of what would happen between Robert and me, if I would do it. If there was some bizarre chance that I could go back to that day that I first saw him on the screen I would warn myself but not for the reason someone might think.

I don’t regret anything with Robert. If anything, I regret it is falling as far as I did for him. I fell without anyone to catch me and at times, it feels as if I’m still falling for him every time I see him. His smile lights up a room and brightens my world whenever I see it.

I can completely understand why Catherine Hardwicke and the casting director for twilight chose him. His smile literally dazzles me as his entire face lights up in humor. My entire body buzzes with desire at the sight of that smile. He literally takes my breath away sometimes.

I know I’m not being fair to Gabe but I can’t help the way I feel. I care about Gabe and I can only hope that our relationship develops over time into the burning passion Robert and I had.

I can just imagine going back in time and explaining all of this to myself. I wouldn’t bother telling her about losing Alex or Blake because I’ve heard and seen so many movies of repercussions of what would happen. It was their destiny to die and no matter what I do, they will still die.

I would warn her not to fall so far in love with him. I would try to leave it at that and hope that she listens, but I know she won’t because I’m stubborn and I will do my own thing no matter what someone tells me. I can only hope that my feelings for Robert dwindle in time.

I can see the despair in Gabe’s eyes as we stand to our feet as the film ends. I lower my gaze toward the floor trying and hoping not to give anything away. Sometimes I feel as if I should tell Gabe the truth about Robert and I but then again something else tells me I’m doing the right thing. Gabe wouldn’t know how to act around Rob or my mom if he ever found out.

I trudge down the stairs of the theater room mingling in the crowd. I make it through the doors of the theater room quickly slipping into the women’s restroom. Thankfully, the room is mostly full considering other theater rooms no doubt just emptied as well. I lean against the wall thankful for the five-minute wait before I get to do my business. Not to mention I need to gather my thoughts before I see Gabe again.

I can’t bear to see his face after his attempt to cheer me up backfired. I smile as I young woman comes into the restroom her young girl clutching her hand. One stall opens and I realize it’s my turn for the restroom but I tell the woman she can go with her child.