[Chapter 14]

Chapter 14

            Christmas break came faster than I thought possible. I had that cold for about three days before it was over thanks to the medicine I bought at the dollar store. The time after I got rid of my cold seemed to buzz by in a streak. Most of the classes I had in this semester are now over. I passed them all with flying colors much to grandmother’s happiness.

Today we were all getting ready to go home for Christmas break. Kimi is going to her mom’s for Christmas but I’m not too sure, what she’s doing for New Year’s though. Annie, though, is actually tagging along with Gabe and me to my grandmother’s house.

She’s spending Christmas and New Year’s with us because of her mom. She’s apparently out of the country at the moment completely forgetting about the break. Annie had the chance to go with her but she would have much longer break from school and Annie didn’t want that. She hadn’t passed her classes with flying colors, barely passing according to her.

She knew she would need to get back in the swing of things when she got back. Not to mention that fact that Annie wanted to be in New York for New Years with the rest of us. Angel and Scott were going to be there again this year having gotten money from Scott’s brother, Andy.

I haven’t heard from them in the past month but Annie assures me they are doing great.

Gabe and I have seemed to have gotten passed our little fight. After that day he came over when I was sick, he made sure to make time for me in his busy schedule. It worked just fine when we had to study for end of the semester exams.

Part of me is slightly nervous about the break this time. It’s not just about the performance during the Christmas party but other things. This is the first time I’m going to be there with my own boyfriend and best friend. Kimi has spent the holidays with me before. It hadn’t been that big of a deal at the time, but this time is different.

Aunt Karen met Gabe at my graduation, but he hasn’t met most of their kids. I know Sam and Phil will love Gabe because of his outgoing fun attitude. I’m not sure about Rachel though because she always analysis people when she meets them. I’m partly surprised that Rachel hasn’t discovered mine and Robert’s relationship because of it.

I sigh once again walking along the carpet floor. I’m alone in the dorm room at the moment. I’m still in my pajamas, which is never a good thing. I should already be dressed because Annie and Kimi are gone to get breakfast for us all.

Gabe is also due at my dorm in about an hour. I can’t even force myself to get dressed. My stomach is a bundle of nerves. I haven’t broken things with Gabe just yet and I can tell both Annie and Kimi are ready to give me an intervention.

My feelings for Robert have grown yet again in the past couple of weeks because of the messages we’ve been sending back and forth. Kimi still doesn’t know anything about the messages or the secret performance with Robert I’m supposed to do at the Christmas party.

I fall back hitting my bed roughly feeling the ache in my back now. I roll my eyes groaning as I hit the bed with my fists. I need to get over these feelings already. He’s not with me; he’s going to marry my mother and not me no matter what I say.

Another thing that has me worried again, the wedding. Momaw has begun including me in some of mom’s plans for the wedding. I don’t understand why she wants to include me because I could literally care less what color she wants the flowers or what type of venue she wants.

I sigh opening my eyes and pulling myself up to a sitting position. I look around the room to see all of our suitcases sitting everywhere. Some are open with shirts hanging out the side while others are stacked on top of each other on the bed locked tightly. I giggle remember Annie’s struggle to get her suitcases zipped again.