[Chapter 19]

Chapter 19

The rest of the week was pretty eventful. We all got a huge surprise in the middle of the week. Gabe and I patched things up somewhat but he was still moping. Annie and I were at the table eating lunch considering we had been up since about eight thirty this morning eating breakfast in a café with Angel and Scott.

Gabe wanted to shower and a few minutes to himself but I knew he was still sulking over our argument. I had completely let it go but refused to see his father again. If his father shows up at the apartment, I’m hiding in one of the rooms with Annie at my side.

Annie was cooking some type of pasta and singing along to some song. She was in a good mood since Angel and Scott had agreed to go to times square for New Years Eve. I was smiling, laughing at her from the bar as I played on my iPad. My Momaw probably had no idea that I would play this thing nearly as much I don’t think.

There was a knock on the door and my eyes widened. Annie looked at me with slight fear in her eyes. I was afraid it was Mr. Collins but then I realized he wouldn’t knock on the door of his own apartment. Carl had come over a couple of times during the week but he always knocked. So obviously, I figured it was him so I just quieted Annie before standing to my feet.

Carl isn’t that bad of a guy really. He’s just keeps to himself as he doesn’t poke around in other people’s business.

I sighed grabbing the doorknob of the front door to the apartment pulling it open. Carl is standing on the other side of the door in his usual suit and shades getup.

“Carl, what’s up today?”

He sighs before stepping aside, “Do you know this girl?”

Standing behind Carl is Kimi dressed in her best clothing. She grins pulling the shades from her face, “I tried to tell him I’m the best friend but these people. Rob didn’t really say you’d have all this security.”

“Kimi!”

The grin spread across my face as I quickly pulled her in for a huge hug. We pulled back and I shook my head turning toward Carl, “She’s a best friend. Thanks Carl.”

He nodded walking away as I pulled Kimi into the apartment. Her eyes widened seeing the inside of the place.

“Damn, does Gabe have any brothers? Cause I need one like this.”

I chuckled at her showing her to the living room. Annie came into the living room too probably to see what all the commotion was about. Her eyes widened seeing Kimi before she quickly gave her a hug as well.

“What the hell are you doing here?” said Annie trying to get over the shock.

Kimi shrugged, “I talked to my mom. She said it was alright because apparently she’s found someone for herself. She thought it was good for me to see the city during a big holiday. I had Rob’s cell number so I talked to him about where you guys were staying.”

I gasped shaking my head, “I was wondering why he asked and they never came over. That was days ago though.”

Kimi smiled sheepishly, “Everything was done last minute. I was so afraid all the flights were going to be booked but they weren’t.”

I shake my head at her antic but smile happy to have her around, “It’s good to have you here, Kimi. I was beginning to miss you.”

She smiled but it fell as quickly as it arrived, “I’ve missed something. I don’t know what I missed, but it seems like something big. For one I don’t see Gabe anywhere as he doesn’t purposely try to get away from you. What the hell is going on?”