[Chapter 29]

Chapter 29

            The next morning, instead of being woken by my own alarm clock or the sounds in the house, I was awaken by my over excited mother.

I felt my shoulder being shaken as groaned in my sleep. I had been sleeping so peacefully barely remembering the events of the day before. My dream was perfect, Robert chose me and we were the ones getting married instead. It was safe to say it was a dream I didn’t want to wake from. At least not to see my mother’s grinning face first thing I saw after being whipped away from the dream.

“Laura…”

Her voice trailed off as she realized this probably wasn’t the best idea. The idea probably was better formulated inside her own mind. She didn’t think about how her own daughter would feel to being awakened after one of the best night’s sleep I had gotten in weeks.

My eyes opened slowly already accustomed to the bright sunlight streaming in through the windows. A blurry image of a person was standing beside by bed. I could barely make out the color of the robe they were wearing. The robe was the first clue this wasn’t Robert that had awaken me from the dream. The groan was deeper and louder as the world became clear as I reached up rubbing the horrible sleep cruds from my eyes.

Mom stood in her simple elegant silk robe her hair pulled back in her towel. She had a pleasant smile on her face as if she wasn’t the most evil person in the world. She had no idea she held my future love life in the palm of her hand. She could literally destroy everything in my world with her hand by balling a fist and she’d never even know it. It was actually sort of hard to be mad at my mother no matter what. She wasn’t really the bad person because she didn’t know about Robert and I, she could destroy what she didn’t know about.

“Mom?”

I glanced half asleep, still expecting Robert to come out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel as my dream, toward my alarm clock to find the time strangely early.

8:04 am.

I had stayed up last night watching a couple of movies since I was alone in the house. I had eaten both meals I bought and after Sarah had left for her party, I had fixed popcorn for a movie night. It was actually a decent night considering I talked with Annie over Skype since Kimi was out. That girl was a mess with dating people since she was on the cover of magazines.

Annie had talked with me the entire first movie and then she left. I didn’t bother with questions because she seemed happy for the time being. Who was I to stop her happiness?

It was around eleven when mom and Robert came back home. I had gone to sleep shortly after they arrived. Mom was tired and they went straight to bed. I had put headphones again last night over my ears as I heard mom’s moaning voice begging Robert for sex. There were just some things I refused to subject myself to.

“Why in the world? It’s eight in the morning, mom.”

She giggled and it was then I realized why she was happy and excited. It was weeks ago that I remember her voice echoing in my ear.

“When I find the perfect place for the wedding, I’ll bring both my girls and show you. It’s going to be perfect.”

It was obvious today was that day. She had found a place for the wedding. She had probably already paid for the space, reserved the time and place, probably already called people for decoration. Today was the day that Sarah and I would see the place mom and Robert had chosen.

I saw it coming weeks ago when the magazines revealed everything. Robert would have wanted the world to know about me on our time. It was obvious that everything had spiraled out of control since New Years and there was nothing we could do stop it. I almost felt as if the world were moving at hyper speed while I was moving a snail’s pace. It was already the end of February with preparations for the wedding happening every single day.