[Chapter 12]

Chapter 12

I tug on my blazer attempting to warm myself up slightly. Merging back into college life was harder than I originally thought. I thought it would be easy not seeing Gabe much and catching up on my studies. Unfortunately, that hasn’t been the case.

Ever since I stepped off the plane a week ago, I’ve felt as if something was missing. It wasn’t until two days later that I realized the thing missing is Robert. I had been walking toward my third class when a boy walked past me and my heart took off at the slight chance that it was Robert here in an unexpected visit. Of course, once I realized it was Robert I was horrible embarrassed wanting to bury myself in the deepest hole imaginable.

It’s not only that but the text messages from Robert haven’t been helping either. It’s nothing explicit just messages about the piano lessons and practice. Annie gave me the funniest look when I told her about Robert’s request. There was something in her eyes telling me that she doesn’t find it comfortable to lie to both Kimi and Gabe about the lessons, but she’s doing it.

In the past couple of weeks, I’ve only seen Gabe twice. He’s been so busy with the fraternity that I’m beginning to feel unwanted. I mean, when he leaves college, he probably won’t even talk to any of them again in the first place. If he’s really committed to being with me, he should spend more time with me.

I sigh shaking my head hoping the get rid of the thoughts plaguing my mind right now. The wind begins to pick up yet again causing my already damp mood to lessen further. My nose sniffs yet again forcing me to finally admit I’ve caught a freaking cold.

I take a look around at my fellow passing students moving around campus. I glance in envy toward a girl sitting at the round table messing with an iPad and the boy beside her is messing with a kindle. I shake my head as I continue walking along the sidewalk toward my dorm.

Classes have just ended for me and I can’t be more thankful. Unfortunately, I can’t go to my dorm and snuggle underneath the covers because according to Annie, and I quote, “We are going to practice every single day until you’ve mastered these songs. Let’s face it; you need all the help you can get.”

How the hell was I supposed to know that I suck when it comes to learning music? It’s not just learning the piano but learning the music that I seem to officially hate. Annie’s probably already in the music room. Since I pay my tuition on time and Annie got here on a scholarship, the music teacher didn’t mind us using the room each afternoon.

The only days we weren’t allow to use the rooms were the weekends, which I’m entirely grateful for. If he hadn’t told Annie that, I’d be in there all day from the time I get up until the time I go to be considering I don’t have weekend classes.

I sidestep as a guy comes down the sidewalk on skateboard causing me to roll my eyes. People these days. Gah.

I know I’m being moody but I can’t help it. I’m in the worst possible mood. I woke this morning with a splitting headache but I had tests in a couple of my morning classes so I couldn’t miss any class. I finally make it to the building containing my dorm groaning as I step inside.

Sometime I hate living on campus as most of these people still act as if they are in elementary school. I really thought college students had more sense. I step into the building thankful for the warmth that fills my body. I quickly take the stairs trudging up them ignoring the comments I hear as I walk by a few people that know Gabe.

It doesn’t help matters that Gabe can’t even pick up a phone and text someone to let them know he’s at least alright. I have the right mind to drive over to the frat house to see him since he refuses to come see me for some strange bizarre reason.