[Chapter 34]

Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Third Person POV

            Laura stood in front of the mirror in her dressing room her stomach full of butterflies. Everything had worked out in the end. Her nerves were gone replaced by the fantastic feeling in her body. She was finally getting her fairy tale ending.

The door opened revealing a woman with brown hair and similar bone structure. Molly Scope stood at the door staring at her youngest daughter watching her smile in the mirror. The smile on her daughter's face warmed her heart. She had finally done the right thing by her daughter. She had done so much wrong to her daughter and it had taken so long for her to realize it. She knew she wasn't the world's best mother but she was hoping this would be the first step of many that she would start.

Laura was in her own world as she envisioned Robert at the end of aisle. Her fingers twirled in the fabric of her dress as she was dancing with Robert in her mind. It was hard to believe that just this morning she feared the worst of this day. She feared she'd be the other woman in the background watching him marry her mother.

Molly coughed ending Laura's day dreaming. Laura turned around her lips curing upward in a wide smile. Her mother had been her saving grace after all. For obvious reasons Laura had thought Robert would be the one to end the wedding but it had actually been the person she least expected.

Molly smiled holding up the last piece of Laura's ensemble the white veil. It was actually the only thing Molly had bought that had originally been for her wedding. There was something about the veil that spoke to Molly's heart.

Laura's eyes widened at the white veil in her mother's hands with a decorative white trim at the bottom.

"Mom, that's too much..." Molly was all too used to Laura's apprehension of new things especially expensive things.

Molly couldn't help but roll her eyes as she closed the door and walked toward Laura on the pedestal. Her daughter had never looked more radiant than she did in that moment. She had grown into such a beautiful strong woman that Molly was amazed at how any part of her could have made such a human being.

"Laura, it's your wedding day. You didn't really think you'd get married without a veil?"

Laura's cheeks darkened to a slight pink as she shrugged returning to the mirror in front of her, "I didn't think about it really. You've already done so much. You got a five thousand dollar dress and not to mention, I'm actually marring your fiancé."

Molly stood beside Laura gazing into the mirror as she took in the image. Her daughter had grown up faster than she had expected. She just couldn't understand where the time had gone.

Molly stepped onto the pedestal beside Laura finding the spot where she would put in the veil. In the bun where the white pins were placed was the ideal place for the veil to go. Molly cleared the way as Laura stood still and she pushed in the comb the veil was connected to. Molly put her arm around Laura's shoulders and stared in the mirror at her daughter, the bride.