[Chapter 31]

Chapter 31

            After the initial shock had worn off, the tears dried up. I couldn’t believe it. I was pregnant with Robert Pattinson’s child. It was both a nightmare and a dream come true. I had just been talking about the idea of having his kid. Obviously, I hadn’t been literal when I thought about it but I couldn’t hate the idea.

My hand cupped my stomach as I realized the truth in my own words. I was carrying a human being inside my stomach. My life no longer revolved around what was best for me but my life had suddenly altered into something else. I now had to think about the child growing inside of me, what was best for the child might not be best for me.

I couldn’t continue playing a game with Robert any longer. I had told my grandmother that I was a grown woman and it was time I started acting like it. I had so much that I needed to do since I would probably be a single mother. I could easily lie if Robert didn’t choose me and say I got pregnant a few months after they left and they’d never know the difference.

I had read few stories before where the people had exaggerated the delivery date making everyone believe that they had a premature birth. I had to think about what was right for my child above everybody else. I knew the answer to my own thoughts was that a life outside the public eye would be better for any child growing up. They just want their childhood and aren’t ready to splattered across magazine covers. Considering our child was conceived through bizarre circumstances, I could already imagine the headlines in the media about our child.

I had never met the child growing inside me but I realized it didn’t matter. The maternal bond I always worried about was there and it strengthened every second I realized I was pregnant. This was going to be such a huge step for me that I was incredibly terrified. I was still in college working to become a screenwriter and I was only nineteen years old.

Could I even raise a child on my own? I wouldn’t be completely alone because I’d have Annie and Kimi beside me every step of the way. I would tell my Momaw first anyway and she has more than enough room but I’d hate to burden her with my mess.

I shook my head against the idea. I couldn’t see myself staying in college as a single mother. I would need a job to be able to afford diapers and clothes for the child. My needs had already become secondary to the beautiful life growing inside of me. I stood to my feet from the hard tile floor in the bathroom my puking outdated already.

There was a standing mirror in my bedroom that I stood in front. I was wearing a white tank top but I could suddenly see the changes in my own body. They were subtle changes that no one else would even see if they weren’t me. I noticed the beginnings of stretch marks that had never graced my skin before. My hands sat on my stomach as a ghostly smile appeared on my face.

I could never think of giving my child up for adoption even if that was what was best for it. I already that bond with this child that was part me and part Robert. I could never give anything up that had brought us both together. If Robert didn’t choose me, I still got a part of him in our child that I could never part from. Abortion never even crossed my mind until I kept thinking. I had lied there on my own bed and let this happen so abortion was out of the question. I loved my child and I owed my child the right to live, the right to see the world, the right to create its own life in the world.

I was worried though the more I thought about it. I wasn’t sure if I could do this on my own. There was going to be so many worries. The labor was the biggest thing floating around my head, as I wasn’t a big fan of pain. I realized I had to be strong for the young child growing inside my stomach.

I had to deal with the pain because that meant my child could live and enjoy life. I couldn’t even hate myself anymore. If I were really such a horrible person, I couldn’t have created a little life inside myself.