[Epilogue]

Epilogue

October 2013

Laura’s POV

            Living with Robert is a dream, better than anything I thought possible. Mere months after the wedding, Robert used the money he had saved from his twilight movies to purchase a house in California. I didn’t want to raise a child in New York. I wanted an actual house to raise my child so that left New York as a no go.

Living in the same state as my mom hadn’t been working. Mom had another house in the state so we lived there until our daughter was born. She was a beautiful child with my hair and Robert’s beautiful eyes. I knew the moment she was born that she was going to be a heartbreaker for thousands of boys. I could already picture the boys fighting each other and tripping over themselves just to talk to her.

The house in California was the best place. We lived just outside of Hollywood so that Robert was close to his agency since he worked from the states more than overseas. He also bought a smaller house for his parents to come and visit whenever they wanted. It was the perfect place tucked in the back away from the public eye. I wanted our daughter, Abigail, to grow up out of the public eye so the press didn’t know where we lived.

She hadn’t had any pictures in the papers but we tried hard everyday so that it didn’t happen accidentally. Things are going smoothly and I am happy in my life.

I stood at the sink my feet aching as I heard the chaos upstairs. I had dishes to wash considering we now had a two year old on our hands. She woke early every single morning almost as if she had an internal alarm clock that said she had to get up at seven thirty every morning. It was hard to get used to dealing with a two year old but I learnt fast as I always had.

She would wake so early, have a nap at eleven, and sleep until one thirty. I learned it was best to let her sleep until she woke because she was too cranky when woken early. I wiped my hands on the dishtowel hanging from rack on the stove as I waddled toward the living room. I could hear the remnants of Despicable Me on the TV since Abigail had been watching just that before Robert took her upstairs for a nap.

She fought us both every time on taking a nap but after a bath, she’d be mere seconds away from deep sleep. I envied my daughter for her ease into dream world. These days it took a lot for me to get a decent nights sleep. I don’t mind too much because I love that little girl with my entire being and I’d do anything for my daughter. I made it to the couch my feet screaming at me but I ignored it.

I reached down toward the floor attempting to grab the toy from the floor.

“Laura!”

I bolted up smiling guiltily as Robert walked from the stairs toward me. I turned around smiling sweetly hoping he’d ignore what he just saw.

“Laura, how many times have I told you not to reach down for the toys?” he said frowning and sighing, “I mean, the doctor’s have told you that you need to rest. You’ll hurt the baby if you keep on, the exact words the doctor told you.”

I sighed lowering myself to the couch nodding, “I’m sorry. You know I don’t like being crippled.”

Robert sighs chuckling as he sits next to me on the couch, “I should know better than anyone. You pulled the same thing with Abby.”

 Sometimes I really hated his nickname for Abigail. Unfortunately, Abigail loved the nickname, as did the rest of the family. I had started calling her Gail but it wasn’t as well liked as Abby.

Robert smiled placing his hand on my swollen stomach his eyes sparkling, “Hey Dylan, mommy moving too much again?”

I rolled my eyes as our bouncing baby boy kicked against my stomach at Robert’s question. Obviously, I’m pregnant again with what we’ve been told is a boy. Robert picked out the name this time since I picked Abigail’s name. Robert loved rubbing my stomach while I was pregnant. He did the same thing with Abby when I was pregnant with her.