[Chapter 2]

Chapter 2

Most of my classes are a drag. I’m thankful when the day comes to an end. I haven’t seen Kimi or Annie since I left for class. They were both gone by the time Gabe and I left. Gabe stands outside my last class waiting on me just like he’s done since the beginning of the semester.

I smile at him pulling the strap around my body before taking his hand.

“How was class?” asks Gabe looking at me with a smile.

My stomach erupts in butterflies at the sight but I shrug, “Class was class. Mostly a drag. I can’t wait to get into more exciting classes.”

He chuckles nodding, “Your first semester will be like that. Anyway, are we still up for the party tonight?”

I smile nodding, “I still need to talk to Kimi and Annie about it. I’m sure they’ll be happy to come.”

He nods bringing my hand to his lips pressing a kiss on my knuckles. Being with Gabe is completely different than being with Robert. With Rob our relationship was secret and on the rocks. I was always worried that it would come crashing down as quickly as it had started. With Gabe, things are different. It’s more lovely and in your face type of love. I don’t have to hide my feelings for him. I can tell the whole world that he’s mine. Just as he can with me. I’ve never really cared about all of this before. Being with Robert changed my perspective on a lot of things.

We walk in silence toward my dorm complex. Since moving into the dorm I can’t stand it. The noise on a daily bases makes it impossible to study anything. Annie usually goes to the library to study, I go to Gabe’s frat house to study, and Kimi usually goes into the quad to study or something.

Part of me feels guilty about ditching Annie and Kimi for Gabe so much. Kimi used to do the same thing when Christopher was involved but even I know two wrongs don’t make a right.

We finally make it to the dorm complex but I stop cold. Gabe turns looking at me with a frown, “What’s wrong, babe?”

I sigh looking toward the ground. Babe feels so wrong coming from his mouth. I’m not a huge fan of the pet name, babe. It makes me feel degraded or something. Not that I’ve ever told Gabe or anyone about this.

“Do you think I could walk up to my room alone? I think I need to have a girl’s night with the girls. We can get ready alone and then meet you at the party.” I look up meeting his eyes.

The thing about Gabe is, he is so understanding. We’ve hardly ever fought, only a couple times about petty things. He’s remarkable that I can’t even bare to lose him. I’m constantly afraid someone’s going to realize how good he is and take him from me. I just don’t deserve to be happy for too long. It is my fault that Alex and Blake are dead and this is God’s way of punishing me for my part in their deaths.

He sighs nodding, “I understand. I was going to say something soon anyway. With Thanksgiving break next week you should spend some time with them. Kimi might be closer to you but Annie has family too.”

I smile nodding, “Thanks Gabe. For being so understanding about this.”

He waves me off, “It’s no big deal. Kimi and Annie came before me. Just go have fun and dress sexy for me, but not too sexy.”

I roll my eyes, “Whatever you say. I just might dress better than you’ve seen me before.”

He sigh shaking his head stepping toward me, “That’s impossible. You can’t look any better than you do right this second.”

My cheeks darken as he brushes his lips across mine, “Have fun with the girls. The party is at a frat house on campus. I think we might be moving it to a field if it gets too crowded. Be careful. If you get lost don’t hesitate to call or text when you’ve gotten close.”