[Chapter 10]

Chapter 10

My stomach grumbles at the smirk on my sister’s face. I take in all the suitcases on her bed not believing that my worst nightmare is here in this house. All I can be thankful for is that I’m leaving either tomorrow or Sunday. I should really converse with Gabe about leaving first thing tomorrow. We can always get different plane tickets with my mom’s help and we could even have first class.

The memory of last night’s credit card fiasco makes me wonder about something else. Did mom already know about Sarah’s homecoming when her credit card was out? I mean it would make a lot of sense as she completely thought I had done it. However, wouldn’t that cause for alarm as her eldest daughter was coming home after probably just having spent her credit card.

Sarah shakes her head rolling her eyes at me as she tosses her arms in the air, “Got to love that mother of ours, Laura. She really does know how to spice things up, right?”

I suck in a deep breath turning toward her, “Wh-What…” I swallow attempting to clear my throat before trying again to get my question out.

“Wh-What are you doing here?”

She snickers sighing as she grabs more clothes before moving toward her dresser, “Of all people, you should know the reason I’m here. You know better than our oblivious mother does. Really, how are you doing with them being engaged? I mean if it were I, I would have already knocked that bitch out for it. Then again, you never have had much of a backbone. Is Kimi still fighting your battles for you, Laura?”

Suddenly we both hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I whip my head toward the doorway since I’ve already stepped inside. I completely forgot about Gabe standing downstairs no doubt worried that a burglar is in the house.

Sarah curses under her breath, “That can’t be mom already. I didn’t even hear the car pull in.”

This already doesn’t sit well with me. Sarah doesn’t know about Gabe at all. I mean she’s my worst enemy and the only reason I broke up with Robert in the first place. She’ll ruin the second relationship I have ever had with her threats and information on Robert and me.

I shake my head as a voice sounds from the hallway. Sarah has moved to her window beside the bed as we both hear the male voice.

“Laura?! Where are you? Are you alright?”

Sarah turns her head a smirk on her face, “Well Laura, who is that? Sounds fairly young to be Rob…”

I roll my eyes stepping toward the door and sticking my head out. I spot Gabe at the doorway of my bedroom his eyes wide and his facial features a little scared tremendously.

“Gabe?”

His head snaps toward the sound of my voice his features relaxing immediately, “Are you okay? I was so worried.”

I smile nodding my head, “Everything’s alright. Remember my older sister I told you about?”

He tilts his head to the side before he nods, “The model sister, right?”

I nod attempting not to give a forewarn look on my face, “Sarah is her name. She’s here, Gabe. I’m fine. I’ll introduce you two in a minute.”

Gabe’s eyes widen as he nods gulping, “Sh-Sure, ta-take all the time you need.”

He quickly turns around speeding toward the staircase. Unfortunately, between the time I first told Gabe about my sister being a model, he saw a picture of her online in some magazine pre-shoots. I remember when he first told me he didn’t care about her being a model but I knew it would be a different story once he actually meets her. Sarah will get her claws into him so deep that he can’t possibly get out.