[Chapter 32]

Chapter 32

            Being pregnant was different than I expected really. Kimi and Annie were practically waiting on me hand and foot. At first it was pretty awesome to have them walk downstairs to get me something to eat or drink. It quickly changed to annoying. I hadn’t told anyone besides Annie or Kimi about the pregnancy so everyone looked at us strangely whenever they would wait on me.

Not to mention I was eating for two. I was only about seven weeks pregnant but I was hungrier than I had been. It was probably only a figment of my imagination considering I had been pregnant for longer than I actually knew about. I suppose I hadn’t realized the sudden large appetite I had.

In other news around the house, Lizzy had been true to her word. She hadn’t come to the house at all but she had apparently managed to call the house quite a few times. She had talked to Momaw twice, but she had only talked to me once. She seemed to be on my side with the whole wedding fiasco though, which only brought slight peace to my mind.

Mom and Robert were gone all weekend with wedding stuff. It turned out that mom had decided to pay another store to add a few things to her dress. Aunt Karen was annoyed by that fact but she went with mom to take in the dress.

It was Monday a day at home with Kimi and Annie. They were so happy to be out of the college that they were walking around in short shorts and tank tops since it was only us and the kids at home. Rachel was expected on Wednesday for the wedding so Kimi, Annie and I were stuck at the house watching my cousins.

“Daphne, please stop screaming…” Kimi said sleepily.

Daphne had run into our room this morning waking us up at around nine thirty. We hadn’t gone to sleep until well after one in the morning since they wanted another movie night. I wasn’t mad at Daphne as it wasn’t her fault that we didn’t go to bed until late.

I stood to my feet from the table as Annie and Kimi were mere seconds away from falling into their bowls of cereal. Apparently mom had allowed Momaw to go with Penelope, the wedding planner, to the florist this morning while Sarah had gone out for lunch and a movie. Sarah only got out of the house so she didn’t have to deal with screaming kids.

I found Daphne and Phil in the living room on the couch. Daphne was screaming because Phil was poking her and pulling her hair.

“Phillip! Leave Daphne alone or I’m going to force you to watch Twilight with her and all of us.”

He whipped his head toward me a strong glare on his face, “Cousin Laura, you can’t do that!! I hate that movie!”

I folded my arms across my chest smirking at him, “If Daphne screams one more time because you’re doing something to her, we’ll be having a twilight movie day with everyone at home.”

Phil scrounged his nose up as he leaned back in the couch away from his sister. I shook my head at him returning to my own bowl of cereal at the table. Kimi had her eyes closed with her head resting in the palm of her hand. I had such wonderful friends in my life, note sarcasm.

Annie was moving her fingers speedily across her cell phone almost as if her life depended on it. I could only assume that Gabe was the person was texting like crazy. I quickly finished my bowl sitting it in the sink before returning and clapping my hands in front of Kimi. Annie and I both laughed as she jolted awake a fierce glare on her face.

“What was that for, Laura?!”

I shrugged, “I didn’t want to clean up your mess when you fall face first into your bowl of cereal.”

She continued to glare at me as I walked away shaking my head, “Be sure to clean up after yourselves. Annie is in charge of the kids until I get back downstairs. I need a shower before my hair gets too oily.”