[Chapter 25]

A/N: No one guessed the surprise which is a good thing. The surprise for this chapter is the entire thing is in Robert’s Point of View. It’s time to see how Robert has thought of things so far.

Chapter 26

Robert’s POV

            Molly and I sat in her secret room on the couch looking over a bunch of papers she had on the table. I was barely paying attention really. For the past few months, I had been thinking of ways to call off the wedding and get as far away from this family as possible. Unfortunately, my plans were halted when I discovered Laura and Gabe had broken up.

The first time I met that prick I wanted to kick him out of the house and plead with Laura never to date him again. It was all my fault and I had brought this on myself. Things were even more complicated during New Years when I let my alcoholic brain let my feelings slip to the forefront. I had done a decent job after Laura had broken everything off last year but seeing her again at Thanksgiving had brought everything back to the surface. I fought against it but it came to a head on Christmas and I could never take it back, not that I wanted to anyway.

I thought about Laura constantly wishing to see her face or at least hear her voice. I resisted every single day from calling her on the phone just to hear her voice in my ear. When I was having a really bad day, it was ten times harder because Laura was better than any medication a doctor could prescribe me.

New Years just made things worse on a completely new front too. Molly and I were both surprised when my sister Lizzy showed up in New York. I had sent a letter to my parents in London about the engagement but my Lizzy was one of those sisters that had to come check in on me. It hadn’t been a decent night when I could feel her eyes constantly on me but she never glared when I was with Laura. It was hard to tell but I think my sister agreed with me, Laura was the one for me. I just had to admit to myself deep down, but I couldn’t. Laura would never be able to deal with the lifestyle that I live every single day. I couldn’t, I wouldn’t put her through that.

“What do you think about this color scheme?”

I glance down at the colors on the paper shaking my head. Molly had been married once already but she told me that it was a small gathering at the courthouse. She got married in maternity clothes that consisted of pants and a white shirt. She wanted the big wedding with the white dress at a church that she had never had before. She also said that since it was my first wedding and that I was paying for most of it, I should have what I wanted too.

Unfortunately, white and lavender weren’t my color choices.

“I’m sorry, Molly, I just don’t like Lavender.”

Molly groaned shaking her head as she stared at the colors on the table, “We’ve been through five different schemes that could be pulled off in March. Certain colors throw the entire wedding off, Robert. Lavender is a safe color.”

I roll my eyes leaning back against the couch. I was fed up with wedding plans and details. She had dragged me shopping for wedding things ever since we came back from New York. I was ready to call the entire thing off already but I could do that to Molly. She had hardly done anything wrong and it wouldn’t be right to send her off like that.

Suddenly we heard footsteps up the stairs causing Molly to groan as she put the TV on mute. Molly had been watching the shop network hoping for something to appear that would be good for the wedding.

“Mom?” we both groaned at the sound of Sarah’s voice. There was something else about Sarah that made uncomfortable. It could have been the fact that Sarah knew everything between Laura and me. She literally had our lives in the palm of her hand and it was her choice what she did with what she had.