Meet Cute

The first rays of sunlight pierced through the room. The dawn chorus of melodic birds song drifted in. The room was shaded in lavender and white. The white with lilac floral net tissue curtains neartly covered the windows that danced to the music of the fan.

The walls were decorated with the different photos of her taken from her childhood till the present. The study table was neatly arranged with her laptop and wall behind the study table held the funny quotes been pinned relating to food. The wall above the bed has a beautiful Pink & white dreamcatcher hung on the wall.

Her bed occupied with the soft toys of Shinshan, Dora & teddy bears that almost captured entire bed. The AC was on to the temperature 20 degrees celcius. Her mobile was placed on the night stand of the bed. The alarm screamed from her mobile for the nth time with 'Stove mela kadai'.

'Mani 8 aaguthu..innum ava ezhuntha paadila..Late achuna..saapadama oda vendithu' (It's already 8...still she has not woken up..and if it gets late, she would run without having her breakfast) Swaminathan ranted from the kitchen and moved to the room which was upstairs.

He moved inside the room, to see the alarm is crying nonstop but that did not get inside the ears of the petite figure sleeping under the duvet. He turned off the alarm.

'Chellam..ezhunthuru da..time aaguthu paaru' (Dear...wake up...time is already 8) Swaminathan woke up his one and only daughter Ananya who did not hear and was sleeping peacefully inside the duvet. She was murmuring in her sleep. Swaminathan again patted her to wake.

'Athu seri...rathri ellam k-drama paaka vendiyathu...kalaila thookathula olara vendithu'
(huff...she would watch K-drama all night and blabber in her sleep in the mornings) Swaminathan sighed.

'Appa..yen pa..midnight la ezhupara?'
(Dad...why are you waking me at midnight) Ananya annoyingly peeped from her duvet without opening her eyes.

'Edhey...midnight ah? mani kalaila 8 aaguthu...office pora idea irukka illiya'
(What...midnight ah? It's 8 in the morning) Swaminathan asked her.

'Aiyayo...time aache...yen pa...konjam seekarama ezhupi irukalam la'
(oh god...it's getting late...dad... you could have woke me up little early) Ananya jerked and sat on the bed.

'edhey....naan ezhupalaya..Ara mani nerama ezhupitu iruken...antha alaramku vaai iruntha azhum..'
(What?... Didn't I wake you up? I have been struggling to wake you up for the past half an hour....that alarm would have cried if it had a mouth) has Swaminathan stared at her.

Ananya smiled sheepishly 'Sorry pa...naan dulquer salmanoda coffee datela irunthen'
(Sorry dad...I was on a coffee date with dulquer Salman).

'avanoda aparam coffee kudikalam...ippo intha coffee kudichitu..poi ready aagu'
( You can enjoy the coffee with him later...now have this coffee and get ready) Swaminathan handed over her favourite morning beverage to her.

She sipped her father's signature beverage and relished the taste.

'appa...unnoda coffeeyoda entha periya chefum potti poda mudiyathu pa...top notch, out of the world'
(dad..no other chef can beat your coffee taste..) she patted his shoulders.

'thanks chellam...athellam oru Kai pakkuvom chellam..'
(Thanks dear..its all a art) Swaminathan replied with pride.

'Seri seri...edho coffee nalla irunthuthunu sonnen...udane accord hotel CEO rangeku imagine pannatha'
(Ok...since the coffee tasted good, I just gave warm words. So don't  get carried away as if you are the CEO of the accord hotel) Ananya said.

'Adingu.' Swaminathan raised his hand playfully for which she giggled and ran to the restroom.

'Seriyana Vaalu..' (Naughty brat) Swaminathan smiled and left for the kitchen to prepare breakfast.