Suffering Heart

Couple of weeks went the same way. Leela shifted her things to the quarters. She felt comfortable and safe in the new place. She got used to the place.

The next day she got ready for the office. Leela started to work and gave her best. Chakravarthy was amazed to see her performance. At times, Leela felt different emotions when she was around him. She couldn't tag it under any name.

Kousalya was enjoying her work, along with her tries to get him to her side. She remained professional when it comes to work. She did not let to know any one about her identity. Chakravarthy too treated her like other employees. Though at times when no one was there, she used to peek into Chakravarthy's cabin and fetch banters with her brother which was enjoyed by him as well.

Kousalya reached office happily. She was looking for someone eagerly. But to her luck, all other employees entered the office other than one person. She was annoyed and got back to her work. Someone touched her shoulder. She immediately turned in excitement to see the person to get disappointed. She immeidately masked her face with a smile and greeted Leela. They both had casual talks and started their day's work.

As time passed, Kousalya becamse so tensed and nervous on not seeing his face for the day. She felt uneasy. She was in the verge of breaking down. But she couldn't show it in front of her friend. Leela sensed her emotions and found something fishy. But she couldn't ask as they were on the floor and all employees were on the floor. She thought of asking her during lunch.

'Liya...vaa lunchku polaam..' Leela called her for lunch as everyone went for their lunch.

'Illa...naan varala..nee po..' Kousalya said without any emotions.

'Yei..lunch time di..unakku pasikalaiya? vaa sapda polaam..' Leela again called her.

'Illa enakku pasikala..nee po..' Kousalya said again.

Leela immediately lifted her face with her chin to see her best friend's face that was gloomy and eyes been swollen. Leela panicked looking at her face.

'Hey..Liya..enna aachu? yen un face ipdi irukku?' Leela asked her.

Kousalya immediately hugged her and sobbed. Leela was clueless as she couldn't get what was wrong with her friend who been chirpy all the time. Leela immediately consoled her and took her to wash room and made her to refresh and both went to lunch room. They both took a corner table in the lunch room to avoid disturbances of other employees.

'Ippo sollu..enna achu? Nee ipdi down aagi paathathae illa?' Leela asked with concern while placing the lunch in front of her.

'Athu onnum illa...vidu..' Kousalya said by looking at her plate.

'Onnum illama thaan ipdi azhuthu un kannu veengi irukka?' Leela asked Kousalya making her go silent.

'Nee evlo kalakalnu chutti thanama irupaenu theriyum..ippo apdiye oppositeah paaka enakku kashtama irukku..un manasula ennavo irukku..ennanu sollu di..naan ennala mudinja help panren..' Leela said. But Kousalya remained silent.

'Nee enna avlo distantla vechi irukka illa..athaan enkitta share pannikanumnu unakku thonala..' Leela felt hurt as she remained silent thinking that she was not comfortable in sharing her issue to her.

But it was other way round. Kousalya didn't want to share what is on mind as it might expose her identity and she feared that might lead to loose her friendship of Leela. She was battling between to share and not to share that made her eyes brim fresh tears. Leela got panicked to see her friend's state. She didn't know what to do. She decided not to ask further about this. She hugged her and consoled her with her words as she didn't know what to console her.

Leela went through the events that happened in the recent days which might have affected Kousalya. She couldn't connect any dot. Leela couldn't ask her as she is too vulnerable. She continued to sob and Leela had to console by saying soothing words.

At that time, they both heard a song on the Radio that was placed in the lunch room 'Oh..Kadhal ennai Kadhalikka villai..oh..Kaatrum ennai aadharikka villai..' making Kousalya sob more.
Leela got a spark in her. She was not sure whether to ask her ot not. But she has only one option to know what is bothering her and she wants to get her out of the situation that is bugging her.

'Unna azha veikarthu...Swaminathan anna thaane?' Leela slowly asked her making Kousalya Jerk. She snapped at her.

'Ill..Illa..nee enna solrae? apdilaam onnum illiye.' Kousalya managed to say without trembling voice.

'Apdi edhum illathanaala thaan..avar peru sonnathum un kannulernthu thanni vanthute irukka?' Leela asked by looking at her eyes filled with fresh tears. Kousalya nodded her head hung her head low.

'Nenachen di...first day vanthathu lenthu nee avara paakara vidhamum..avar kitta un manasa indirectah solra vidhamum..avaru unkitternthu vilagi porathum...engayo idikuthenu nenachen...'Leela teased her making her Kousalya smile a little.

'en kooda thaane di irunthe..aparam epdi di love ellam?' Leela looked at her confused. Kousalya didn't know what to say.

Seri..sollu..ennathan solraru?' Leela asked looking at her.

'Avarukku ithellam pudikathunu solraaru..' Kousalya said in between the sobs.

'Yen nu reason kettiya?' Leela asked her making Kousalya jerk. She knew the reason for him not accepting her. But she is unable to let it to Leela as it has intense knots tangled around everything that might spoil in a second.

'Sollu..Kettiya?' Leela again asked her. Kousalya nodded her head as yes.

'Enna sonnaru?' Leela asked her.

'Enna edhuvum kekkatha Leela...time varum bothu naane solren..adhuvaraikum wait pannu..aana..enna eppavum thappa nenaika koodathu...' Kousalya said.

Leela sensed she is holding something in her heart for which she is scared of letting it out. She did not want to pressurise at the moment. She decided to give her the time she asked.

'Seri Seri..Nee unakku eppo thonutho appo sollu..naan unna eppavum thappa nenaika maaten...avaru kandippa accept pannipaaru..en kousalyava avaru venaamnu solvaara?' Leela consoled making her smile a little. But still she had tears in her eyes.

'enna achu...athu thaan ellam seri ayidum solren illa..' Leela again asked her.

'Avara inniki morning lenthu paakala..athu thaan avarukku enna achunu therila..' Kousalya again sobbed.

Leela chuckled looking at her expressions. Kousalya glared at her for which Leela surrendered for her glare.

'Ada paithyame..ithukka ivlo alapra pannae?' Leela asked her. Kousalya looked at her confused.

'Swami annan..oru urgent velaiya thirupur siteku varaikum poi irukaaru...inniki night kulla vanthuduvaaru...Moorthy sir sonnaru..' Leela said with smile making Kousalya grin widely.

'Appada..sirichitiya...unna samadhanam padutharthuku badhila..oru kozhanthaiya kooda samathanam paduthidulaam pola..' Leela said making Kousalya pout.

'Seri..madam ippo sapada poringala..illa annan vara varaikum unnaa viratham irukka poringala?' Leela teased her.

'Haan..naan yen avarukkaga sapdama irukanum..enakku bayangara pasi..naan sapda poren pa..' Kousalya showed her fake anger and started to eat.'

Adi paavi..apdiye plateah maatitaa..' Leela said. But she felt happy looking at her smiling face. She decided to tease.

'Hey anga paaru..swami annae vanthutaaru..' Leela said in hurry making Kousalya to look at the direction she said to find no one. Kousalya glared at her.

'Paravala..peru sonnathum...sapada kooda vittutu aravamaiytae..ippo othukaren..unaku sapada vida un loveh thaan perusunu...' Leela said with a teasing smile. Kousalya beat her continously. Two friends completed with chattings, banters and teasings and they both left back to their work.

Please vote and comment your opinions.

SJMinnal🌸🌸🌸