End of the Tunnel

'Seriyana KD..antha paati..' Ananya said looking around.

'Antha paati KD illa..oruthan antha paatiyaye correct panni unna chase pannitu irukaane...avan thaan KD' Rohit said making her chuckle.

After she read the message in the leaf, she immediately searched for the old lady. But to their surprise, neither she nor her flower shop was not there in the place where they saw earlier.They both read the clue again. Immediately Ananya took her mobile and google searched the village near the noyyal river.

'Thangam..Naama Singanallur ponum Thangam..' Ananya said to him.

'Singanallurah?' Rohit knotted his eyebrows.

'Aama thangam..Noyyal river kitta irukara ore ooru ithu thaan..Vaanga polam..' Ananya said by searching for the bus.

Finally they boarded the bus. For the first time, Ananya felt as if she is going to the place that is something so close to her heart. She admired the sun that was rightly raising from the mountains that gave her a warm welcome, the green paddy fields that were dancing to the breeze, the birds chirping and flying across the sky. The people who are ready for their day's work actively singing and sowing the seeds on the fields. Group of women walked on the sides of the road by carrying the pile of paddy for threshing. She felt immense joy in admiring nature.

'Thangam...inga paarunga..ithu evlo azhaga irukku..' Ananya said by showing a flock of ducks that were moving on the side of the road. Since she did not get the response, she turned to find her annan was sleeping soundly.

'Thangam...ooroda azhaga paakartha vittutu..ipdi thoongaringa?' Ananya asked him with a pout.

'Thangam..intha ooroda azhaga nee paaru da..enakku intha oorla edhavathu azhagana ponnunga iruntha mattum enna ezhuppu..seriya..' he said by yawning and again went back to his sleeping business. Ananya hit her said by looking at her brother. 'Rendu annangalum ore maadhiri thaan irukaanga..' Ananya murmured to herself.

After 45 minutes of travelling, they reached Singanallur. They both got down from the bus. They started walking into the village. Though they didn't know where to find the person, they admired the natural beauty of the village.

Ananya found the ganesha temple under the peepal tree on the bank of the river where people were offering their prayers, they saw the houses with the cattle and hens. They passed many houses which was decorated with the authentic rangoli that gave a nostalgic feel to her. They were admiring the beauty of the village by the time, a lamb came running which was chased by a small girl.

'akka...antha aaru kuttyah pudinga..' the little girl shouted. Ananya tried to catch the lamb, but it escaped from her hold. Again she excitedly tried and finally she got the lamb. She carried the lamb and called his thangam.

'Thangam..Inga paaru intha aatu kutty evlo cuteah irukkunu..' she said but she didn't receive any response. She searched for her brother and finally she found him sighting the group of girls who were drawing water from the well. Those girls were also looking at him like their favourite candy.

'Thangam...' she shouted at him.

'Thangam...naan paaka apdiye vijaytvla vara rakshan maari irukenaam thangam...avanga solranga..' he blushed saying that. Ananya saw them and him.

'illa enakku purila..nee volunteer ah enkooda vanthathu...ennoda prechanaiya solve panna varala...enakku oru anniya set panna plan panni plainah vanthu irukae...' Ananya raised her eyebrows.

'enna thangam ipdi sollitae...un prechanaya mudichitu...apdiye unakku oru anniyum kedachiduchunu vei...' he said by the time he heard,

'nee oru aaniyum pudunga venam da...udhavakara payale...naan solra velaiya maatum seirathu illa...michatha ellathaiyum senjudu...' a random person was scolding the labour on the opposite mini grocery shop on that street that made ananya laughed out loud. Rohit pouted hearing that.