Inkling to Trace

Ananya was silent while returning back. She was restless and at the same time she was controlling herself from breaking down.

'Enna ma...romba silentah irukae..eppavum edhavathu pada padanu pattasu maari pesite varuvae? Vikram asked her with a smile.

Her eyes brimmed with tears. But she wiped it by turning to the other side.

'Onnum illa vikramey...just konjam tiredah irukku..avlo thaan.' Ananya said to him not to make him suspicious.

'Oh..veetukku poi rest edu ma..you will be fine..' Vikram said for which she nodded with a faint smile.Both the souls were in two different extreme emotions throughout the drive.

To her surprise, Vikram was talking about his girlfriend nonstop, which made her more tormenting. After a one hour drive, she reached her place.

'It was nice spending time with you ma. Time ponathe therila. Vikram said.

'naanum thaan Vikram. Intha dayva naan marakka maaten..it is a memorable day for me' she said hiding her tears.

'ok ma..naan kelambaren...neeyum poi rest edu..' Vikram bid bye to her and left the place.

She saw the disappearing car from her sight and her eyes brimmed in tears. She entered the house where her father was watching TV in the living room.

'Vaa..chellam..unnoda day eppdi pochu? Nalla enjoy panniya?' Swaminathan asked her.

'Nalla pochu pa..' she said plainly.

'Yen da..face vaadi poi irukku?' Swaminathan touched her forehead.

'Onnum illa pa..konjam tiredah irukku..naan poi thoongaren pa..' Ananya successfully said hiding her pain inside.

'Chellam..dinner lightah edhavathu saaptu poi thoongu da..' Swaminathan said.

'Illa pa..veliya neraiya snacks saapten..enakku thookam varuthu..naan thoongaren pa..' Ananya said and left for her room.

'Seri da..poi thoongu..' Swaminathan replied to her.

The moment she entered and locked her room, she sat on bed with a thud and the tears that she was controlling all these time fell uncontrollably like water being released from the dam. She hugged her knees and cried her heart out.

'Naan evlo periya muttalah irunthu iruken..he never had such feelings on me. I myself developed unnecessary feelings on him. Avar enna oru friendah thaan treat panni irukaaru..' She cried her heart out.

'Good that i didn't open my feelings. Illana..Engaloda friendshipum affect aagi irukum. Let it be with me itself.' She told herself in between the sobs.

She took her mobile and opened the photos that they clicked on the day he helped her father in a accident and pictures that were clicked today in the farm. She found them both smiling in all the pictures. she found a picture which he captured a selfie but Ananya was looking at him. Her eyes clearly showed her heart out in the picture.

'This will just be in the picture alone illa Vikramey...' tears constantly rolled from he eyes. She hugged her mobile and cried her heart out.

Suddenly her mobile got switched off due to low battery. She pissed off thinking her fate. She searched for the charger in her drawer. Later she found the charger in her bag, she took it, she found a letter being dropped down when she pulled the charger.

She took the letter to realise that the letter she ususally gets from the anonymus person which she got on the previous day. But due to the previous day's celebration in the office, she kept the letter in her bag without reading it.