Nostalgic Recollection

'Bommu Kutty...seekaram intha draftah check pannidu da..Naan poi hostuku styling pannitu vanthudaren' Pooja said and kept a paper infront of her.

Ananya was thinking about the conversation with Vikram that happened on previous day that she did not even notice Pooja standing beside her. Pooja patted her again as she did not get the response for her talks.

'Ananya..' She patted her shoulder that's when she came back from her trance.

'akka..' Ananya smiled at her.

'Oi..Enna achu..apdi enna yosichitu iruke?' Pooja asked her.

'Athu onnum illa ka..summa thaan' she smiled and replied.

'Nee onnum illanu sollumbothe un face kaati kudukuthu edho irukkunu..ennanu sollu..' Pooja sat next to her.

'Athu illa ka..nethu naanum vikramum night veliya ponum..' ananya said.

'Adi paavi veliya pora alavukku ayiducha..' Pooja gasped.

'Aiyo akka..naan solratha kelunga..' Ananya whined. Pooja asked her continue. She said the happenings last night.

'Seri athunalla nee yen disturbed ah irukkae?' Pooja asked her further as she wanted her to open up.

'Avar kooda irukarapa naan happyah iruken..avar facela smileah paakarappa enakku happy ah irukku..aana nethu avar oru ponna pathi sonnapa..yen ennala accept panna mudila? enake ennapaatha romba surprisingah irukku akka..' Ananya said revealing all her confusion on her face.

Pooja looked at her keenly 'Nee Vikrama love panriya?' Pooja asked her.

'Akka..apdilaam illa..avaru enakku frienduku mela..oru wellwisher maari..' Ananya dragged but she couldn't name the bond which they shared.

'Friendku mela..loverku keezhaya?' Pooja smirked for which Ananya giggled.

'yen..nethu don movie paathiya?..Konnuduven unna..' Pooja fakely angered her.

'Akka..athu apdi illa..' Ananya dragged.

'Inga paaru Ananya..edhuvume oru instancela vechu naama decide panna koodathu..nee avar kooda ippo thaan pazhaga aarambichi iruke..poga poga antha relationship ennanu unakku puriyum. naama eppavume oru expectationoda oru relationship eduthutu poga mudiyathu. namakkunu irukarathu nama kitta irunthu pogathu..apdiye ponalum athu namakitta final vanthudum.Nee sonna antha ponnu..may be avar unna provoke panna kooda try panni irukalam illa?. So ippo nee edhuvum decide pannatha..just trust the process and go with a flow ok?' Pooja said with a smile for which Ananya nodded in response.

Ananya decided to go with a flow and not to pester over the things. Ananya did her ground work for the magazine. She left for lunch with her friends. while coming back from lunch, the receptionist called her.

'Ananya Mam..ungalukku oru letter vanthu irukku..mail deskla collect pannikonga.' Receptionist said.

'Ennathu meendum meendumah?' Ananya panicked.Ananya collected the letter from maildesk and came back to her desk.

She determined not to read the letter as she don't want to get disturbed by the letter. She kept the letter inside her draw and she started to concentrate on her work. But the letter was muddling her mind all the time. She was tossing with her pen. Ananya finally gave up her determination and she opened her draw and took the letter to read it.

'Oye..Bunny..'Innikum oru letter vanthu irukku..Enna letter padikalama vendaamanu confuseaagi finalah letter padika decide pannita pola irukey? When you have confusion between your heart and mind, don't listen to your mind because your mind knows everything, but your heart knows only you.

Anyway unnoda birthdayva romba enjoy panni irupanu theriyum. Nethu heavy dinner saaptutu inniki unga appa unakku curd rice thaane lunchku pack panni kuduthu irupaaru? Enna naan solrathu correct thaane?

But nee unnoda chinna vayasula curd rice romba saapda maata. Unga amma curd rice avlo deliciousah pannuvaanga. athoda unnaku pudicha potato fryum pannuvaanga. Nee oru stagela curd rice thavira vera edhuvum saapda maataenu adampudichae. So unga amma curd riceliyum oru creativeah oru dish senjanga theriyuma?

'Curd rice fritters'

'ennanu think panriya?' Neeyum try panni paaru..you will definitely remencence the nostalgia of the recipe.

Curd - 1 cup
Left over cooked rice - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoon
Finely chopped Green chillies - 2 teaspoons
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Coriander leaves - fist full
Gram dhal - 2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 2 teaspoons
orid Dhal - 2 teaspoon
Oil - 3 teaspoons
Maid flour - 2 teaspoons
Bread powder - 1/4 cup
Pickle of any of your choices - as required.
Pomogranate - 1/2 cup (optional)
Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - as required.

First grind the cooked rice in a mixer smoothly. Then mix curd in the rice along with litte bit of salt. The curd rice must be thick and should not be loose and liquid consistency.

Take a pan, heat it and add two tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is heated, add Mustard seeds, cumin, Gram dhal and Orid dhal.once all the above turns golden brown, add the finely chopped green chillies, Curry leaves and coriander leaves.

Add this tempered items to the curd rice. If required you can also add pomogrante to it. In a seperate bowl add Maida flour and add little bit of water and pepper powder to mix as a paste. In another bowl place the bread powder.

Take the curd rice. Fill it with a pickle and then squeeze it into a ball. Then soak this curd rice ball in the maida mixture and flip the same balls into the bread powder.

Heat the oil in the kadai, once the oil is hot, slowly drop the curd rice balls into oil for deep frying. flip both the sides of the balls so as get fried evenly. Once the balls turn golden brown, remove it from oil and place it on a kitchen tissue. You can have it as it is or you can have it along with the tomato sauce.

Hope you will cherish the nostalgic taste of your mom!!

She finished reading letter. Her eyes were shining because of the memories that she was recollecting with the dish in her past.

'Yaaru ezhuthaaranga letterah?' She was annoyed and flipped to the front and back of the letter, but she couldn't find the address of the sender.

'Edhuku ezhutharanga...yen enakku ithellam nyabaga paduthaaranga?' She was asking herself with eyes full of tears.

'Thangam..unakku oru mail send panni iruken..antha picture okvanu check pannu. ok na magazine coverpicah finalise pannidalaam' Rohit came to her desk looking at his thangam's tearful eyes that made him panick.

'Thangam..enaa achu da?' Yen azhara?' Rohit asked her.

'Nostalgic memories thangam' She said with tearful smile looking at the letter in her hand.

Makkaley...do you all really like the flow. Comments and votes reduce ayiduchu. If you feel the story is boring, please let me know so that I will try to complete the story within few chapters.

Please vote and comment your opinions.

SJMinnal🌸🌸🌸