A Reason

Ananya was shocked by seeing her father sitting on the couch with the bandaid on his leg.

'Appa..Enna achu pa..Epdi adi pattuthu?'
(Dad...what happened? How did you get hurt?)
Ananya threw her bag on the sofa and ran to her father who was sitting with his band aided legs.

'Onnum illa chellam...naan namma dance academylenthu vandila vanthute iruthen...appo en pinnadi vantha car break pudikaama oru vandiya idichiduchu antha vandi en mela modhi.naan keezha vizhunthu...vandi en mela vizhunthuchu...athula konjam scratch ayiduchu'
(Nothing dear...while I am coming back home from the dance academy there was a car behind my scooter that dashed me due to its break failure...I fell down and my scooter fell on me...because of that I got a bit scratched...')  Swaminathan said smiling not to panick her.

Ananya eyes blurred looking her father who would run energitically is now slumped in one place. Though is he smiling and convincing her saying it's not big, she couldn't see her father in pain.

'Chellam....onnum illa da...adi chinnathu thaan...kattu thaan persusa pottanga'
(Nothing happened to me dear...it's a minor scratch..but the doctor in turn heavily bandaged my leg...)  Swaminathan ruffled her hair.

'Nee pesatha swaminatha...unakku konjam kooda porupe illa...naan thaan solli iruken illa...nee vandila pogathanu..modhala antha vandiya sale pannanum..appo thaan seriya varum'
(You Stop talking swaminatha...you don't have any responsibility...i told you many times not to drive the scooter...first I must sell that scooter that would solve many problems...) Ananya said in tears filled eyes.

'Naan thaan solren illa..ennaku onnum illa da'
(I am telling you right...nothing happens to me dear....)
Swaminathan convinced his adament daughter who was so worried and angry on her father.

'Epdi pa..ivlo adi pattu irukku..thaniya hospital poitu vanthu iruke..atleast enakku call panni irulaam illa..Naan udane vanthu irupen'
(Dad..how did you manage to go to hospital all alone with this much of hurt. At least you could have called me...i would have come immediately...) Ananya said in between sobs.

'Illa da..enakku adi pattathum..antha paiyan enna udane hospital kootitu poi treatmentku help panni..enna veetla drop pannitaaru..ippo kooda medicines vaanga poi irukaaru'
(No dear...that boy took me to the hospital immediately when he found me got hurt..he again accompanied me home after the treatment..he has just gone to get me the medicines...) Swaminathan replied.

'Yaaru pa?' (who is that dad?)
Ananya gave a confused look.

'Athu nee oru paiyana..'
(That day..you...) he started by the time he saw the person coming inside, 'Atho antha thambiye vanthutaarey'
(There he comes...)
Swaminathan said looking at the entrance.

'Vikramey...' She squealed in excitement looking at him.

'Ivaru thaan ma..enakku help pannaru'
(He is the one who helped me...)
Swaminathan said. Ananya was overwhelmed by hearing this.

'Romba thanks Vikramey..timeku help pannathuku..'
(Thank you so much vikram for your timely help...)
Ananya thanked him.

'Ithula enna ma irukku..no worries..appavuku onnum illa..he will be fine in another couple of days'
(That is nothing much...dad will recover soon in a couple of days..) Vikram assured her.

'Nalla sollunga thambi..Naan solla solla kekaama..orey azhuga'
(Tell her clearly son...she was constantly crying without even listening to me...) Swaminathan said.

'Nee summa iru pa..evlo bayanthutenu enakku thaan theriyum'
(You be quite dad...you won't know how much I was scared by seeing you...)
Ananya snapped at him.

Vikram chuckled but admired their bonding.

'Aiyo..vikramey..ungala nikka vechite pesitu iruken..neenga ukkarunga..naan ungalukku coffee eduthu varen'
(Oops..sorry vikram..i was talking to you without even welcoming you..please be seated...i will get you a coffee...)
Ananya tried to move.