Treasure to Cherish

Vikram reached home. Leela and chakravarthy were sitting in the living room and saw him coming. Vikram sat next to his father.

'Vikram..how was your day?' Chakravarthy asked him.

'Yeah pa..it was good..' He smiled back.

'Aaama inniki meeting edhuvum illiye..apapram yen late?'
(Today you don't  have any meeting right...then why so late?) Chakravarthy asked him.

'Illa pa..Oru accident..athu naala konjam late ayiduchu'
(Nothing dad...there was an accident..just got late because of that...) Vikram replied.

'Enna accident ah..enapa solra?'
(Accident? What happened son?) Leela panicked.

'Amma amma..enakku illa ma..ananya irukaa illa...avanga appaku oru chinna accident naan vara vazhila paathen..athu thaannaan poi avara hospialku help pannitu vara konjam time ayiduchu'
(Ma...nothing happens to me...it was for Ananya's father who met with a minor accident..so I had to accompany him to the hospital and dropped him home after the treatment...) Vikram replied.

'Yaaru..unna interview eduhaale..inniki koila kooda paathome..antha ponnoda appava?'
(The girl who interviewed you and we met her in the temple this morning..is that the girl?)  Leela asked him for which Vikram nodded.

'Aiaiyo..ennada aachu..onnum bayabadra maari illiye?'
(Oh god..what happened? Nothing serious right?)
Chakravarthy asked.

'Illa pa..chinna accident thaan..avarukku kaalula scratches ayirukku..but doctor medicines and ointment kuduthu irukaanga..He should be fine soon'
(Nothing dad..its just a minor accident..he is having scratches..doctor has prescribed him the medicines and ointment to apply.) Vikram replied.

'Seri pa..nee poi refresh ayitu vaa..dinner saapdlaam'
(Ok dear...you refresh yourself and then we'll have dinner)
Leela told him.

Leela saw her son for a few good seconds and thought of talking to him later.

Vikram nodded and left to his room. He came back refreshed. They three had dinner with usual talks and laughter. After chatting with his parents, he left for his room.

He was in deep thought when his mother came to his room.

'Kanna..' Leela called him.'Amma..vaanga' (Ma...come I side) He responded with a smile.

'Enna pa..innum thoongaliya?'
(Are you not sleeping?) Leela asked him to sit next to him on the bed.

'Illa ma..thookam varala..athu thaan summa mobile paathutu irunthen'
(Not yet ma..I didn't  feel like sleeping...just scrolling my mobile...) Vikram smiled and lied on her lap. Leela started caressing his hair.

'Amma naan onnu kekkava?'
(Shall I ask you something ma...) Vikram asked her.

'Ennada?'
(What is it?) Leela responded him.

'Amma...ungalukku close friendsnu yaaravathu irukaangala?'
(Ma..Do you have any friends?) Vikram asked her.

'School lenthu collegevaraikum enkooda iruntha orey friend Kousalya. Aparam engalukku marriage aana aparam naan unga appa kooda vanthuten. Aparam avalukku marriage aana aparam ava enga veetu pakkathu veetuke neighbourah vanthuta. aparam avanga vera ooruku transfer aagi poitaanga..athuku aparam engalukku contact illama poiduchu'
(Right from my childhood till college..i had only one friend kousalya...after I got married to your dad...i was seperated from her...later she got married and she resided next to our house...due to her husband's job, they moved from there...from there we lost our contact...)
Leela said with hurt in her voice that showed she hid something from him so vikram decided not to pester her now.

'Seri..ennada suddenah en friends pathi kekara?'
(But..why all of the sudden you are enquiring about my friends?)
Leela questioned him.

'Illama..naan sonnen illa..en friends Pranesh, Rohit enkooda college varaikum onna padichangale?'
(Nothing ma..you remember my friends Pranesh and Rohit?....they studied along with me in the same college.) Vikram replied to her.

'Aaama..theriyum..avanga namma veetla thaan full timeah irupaanga..aana nee college mudichathuku aparam avanga inga varathum illa..paathe romba varusham aachu'
(Yeah I remember them...they used to stay here all the time with you..but after the studies...i didn't see them or they never turned here...it's been quite some time since I have seen them...) Leela sighed.

'anniki naan channelah interview kuduthen illama..avanunga rendu perum anga thaan ma work panraanga. Pranesh directorah irukaan, Rohit Chief photographerah irukaan ma. Romba varusham kazhichi avangala meet pannen..romba neram avanga kooda time spend pannen ma. Athu thaan ungakitta unga friends pathi keten'
(I gave an interview in that channel right...I met them that day after a long time...they both work there. Pranesh works as a director and Rohit is a Chief photographer...we were talking for a long time that day...just thought of knowing about your friends...)
said by looking at her eyes keenly.

'enakku perusa yaarum friends illapa..'
(I don't have any friends much...)
She plainly replied to him.

After a enough Mom and Son time, Leela left from his room. Vikram was on deep thought which was disturbed by his mobile ping.

'Good night Vikramey..have a great sleep and beautiful dream' smiled as he heard her voice while reading the message. He replied to her wishing good night to her.

Next day morning Ananya woke up by the alarm. She turned off. She checked her mobile to find the message from Vikram.'Good morning Rowdy..Hope your appa is fine..Let me know if any help is needed'.

She smiled looking at his care towards her father.

She replied him 'Hi Vikramey..Good morning. Yes appa is doing fine. Yeah kandippa edhavathu help venumna ungakitta thaan solven..(yes..definitely i will reach you if I need any help...) Even if i don't tell it you, won't you come to help me as usual?' Vikram saw the message and smiled looking how this pettite woman is locking him with all her word game.

'I will always be there ma' He replied for her message. He gave a follow request in the instagram profile and got up from his bed and did chores and got ready for office.

Here Ananya saw the notification from him which made to smile with a tinge of blush. She kept her phone aside and she went to refresh.

Ananya came down refreshed and saw her father cooking in the kitchen.

'Appa...unna rest thaane eduka sonnen..nee yen pa strain panra?'
(Dad..I asked you to take rest..why are you straining much?) Ananya scolded her father who was busy preparing breakfast.

'Chellam..ennaku onnum aagala and naan patientum illa. Naama odambu seri illanu nenaichu thuvandu pona thaan naama weak ayiduvom. (Dear...i am not a patient ..only if we tend to think of our sickness, we become more weak and unstable..) I am fit and fine' Swaminathan pinched her nose and gave a coffee to her.

Ananya smiled at him and sat on the kitchen counter. She was not in the mood to go to office but Swaminathan convinced her that he is very much fine and he asked her to go to office. After giving so much advice, Ananya left to office half-heartedly.

Vikram was getting ready for the office.

'Appa..Antha RK indusctries oda file ungakitta sign panna kuduthene..Check pannitingala?'
(Dad...I asked you to check the RK industries file...did you happened to check?)  Vikram asked his father.

'Yes Vikram..Naan check panni sign panniten..(yes I checked it completely) everything looks good. Nee projectah proceed pannu pa..antha file enga room draw la vechi iruken pa..' (you can proceed with that project.. that file is in the drawer in my room...) Chakravarthy replied.

'Ok pa.. naan eduthukaren' (ok dad..i'll take it)
Vikram left to take the file from his parents room.

He searched in each and every draw for the file. At last he found the file and he took it by the time, his eyes caught on the something which made him shocked.

Please vote and comment your opinions.

SJMinnal🌸🌸🌸