Opening of Petals

'Ippo enna achu ma?' Vikram asked Ananya who was rippling the juice with the straw in a restaurent the next day.

'Appa edhuvume openup panala Vikramey..naanum evlavo try pannen..aana appa strictah enkitta edhum kekkathanu sollitaaru..' Ananya said with disappointment in her voice.

'Ipdi nadakumnu namakku theriyumla...naama itha expect pannathu thaane..ithukku yen ivlo upset aagara..naama vera idea try panalaam...' Vikram pressed his palms on hers assuring her.

'Neenga athaiyum mamavaiyum edhavathu kettingala?' Ananya asked with an expectation in her voice. Vikram nodded his head horizontally to her disappointment.

By the time they were chatting, Vikram recieved a call and the caller indicated his mom. He picked the call and he just ok and disconnected the call.

'Vaa ma..naama polam...amma vara solli irukaanga..' Vikram said by getting up from the chair.

'Athaiya? enna vishyam Vikramey?' Ananya asked in a questioning tone.

'Therila ma..poi paartha thaan theriyum..' Vikram said they both left from there.

They both went to Santhosha Saaral. The receptionist welcomed them with much respect and she informed that Leela is in prayer hall. Vikram and ananya left to Prayer hall where Leela was sitting in front of the Kousalya's portrait with her eyes closed. Vikram and Ananya saw her eyes flowing with tears. Ananya saw vikram and he nodded.

Ananya touched her shoulder 'Athai..'. Leela opened her eyes and saw both of them. she immediately stood up and hugged Ananya and cried her heart out.

'Ananya...' She cried by hugging her. She placed kisses all over her face. Vikram admired both of them with a teraful eyes.

'Apdiye en Kousalya maariye irukae da..anniki unna kovila paathapove en mansuku edho thonichu..aana naana edhuvum think panna koodathunu naan perusa eduthukala..aparam vikram enkitta ella vishayamum sonnapa...enakku avlo santhoshama irunthuthu..unna marubadiyum unnaiyum Swamy annanaiyum paakanumnu romba aasa paten. Aana Vikram thaan enna wait panna sonnan. Nethu ungala naan kovila paathapo apdi oru santhosham..Aana unna anna kootitu poitaaru..' She said with tearful eyes.

'azhathinga athai..' ananya hugged her tight.

'Amma..ithellam sari aaganum na..neenga engalukku enna nadanthuthunu sollanum ma..' Vikram asked holding her shoulders softly.

'Aaama athai...enga appavum edhuvum solla maatenraaru..neengalavathu sollunga..' Ananya asked looking at her eagerly.

Leela looked at Ananya and her gaze turned to the Kousalya's portrait.

Flashback 30 years back,

Morning was hustles and bustles. A young girl in her early 20s got ready in her simple salwar. She got ready for her college. Her beautiful makeup less yet kholed eyes and her simple attire reflected her beauty in and out.
Her hair was braided in fish tail.

She hopped in the stairs with her books in one hand and reached the living room. She bid bye to the family members and was about to leave to college.

'Kousalya nee breakfast sapdaliya ma?' her father Manoharan asked her.

'Sapten pa...' she happily smiled at him.

'seri ma...iru driverah drop panna solren...' Manoharan said but that cut by kousalya.

'Vendaam pa...naan busliye poren..' Kousalya said to him.