CHAPTER 5

NORA'S POV

“Let’s go. It’s time for our flight.”

Huh?

“What are you talking about? My flight is in 2 hours.”

“I booked another flight for us.”

“I need to cancel the flight.” I take my phone and cancel the flight and also pay him for my tickets.

He raises his eyebrows when he checks his phone.

I need coffee. I spot a café.

“I am gonna go get some coffee.” He nods and walks closely behind me. We get in the café.

“Hello, what would you like to order?”

“I would like a black coffee with no sugar, please.”

He looks up from the computer and his jaw drops.

I get it. I get it. He is having fanboy moment and I am really really happy for him but I am in desperate need for coffee. He then looks at me.

Uh-oh.

“Can you please take a pic of us?”

“You need to ask him.” I point towards him.

He then looks at him with stars in his eyes. Now I feel bad for him because I was this way when I saw my favourite author. And yes, I really had stars in my eyes and rainbows when I spoke.

“Can you please…I am your biggest fan. I am training to become a midfielder. You are my inspiration.”

Wow. If I was the person he was talking about I would have held his hand and start crying . Kai gives him a blank stare. He nods. I bet the barista is mentally screaming and crying and doing his happy dance.

The young man not more than 20 years, looks at me and hands me his phone.

I take his phone. I sigh.

“Come a little closer, Kai.”

He glares at me and I glare back.

He reluctantly comes closer and I click the pic.

The barista looks so happy that I think he might print the pic and convert it into a cutout and sleep with it.

I chuckle.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing! It’s cute how much he admires you.” He grunts.

He turns towards the barista. “Since your wish is fulfilled, can you get my girl her coffee?”

My eyes widen at ‘my girl.’ He already started doing his part.

The barista’s eyes widen and he nods.

I get my coffee. And yes, I did enjoy it.

We board the flight. I turn towards him.

“There are some things we need to keep in mind.” He doesn’t even look at me instead he is focused on his novel. And yeah, he reads.