CHAPTER 30

NORA'S POV

A mix of oceanic and musky scent envelopes me.

I groan. I yawn. This was the best sleep ever. No horrid nightmares. Nothing.

Kai has wrapped his hands around my waist. His other hand is under my shirt and I try not to squirm.

He looks so relaxed and peaceful when he is sleeping. I notice some freckles on his face. They are very light but it looks so cute on him. How come I never noticed it?

I trace the freckles with my fingers carefully, trying not to wake him up.

How did I went from 'not liking him to actually liking this arrogant man'?

DAMN IT!! I didn't realise that I turn into Edward Cullen for him. This is so embarrassing.

I wiggle out of his hold and step into the shower.

I freshen up and step outside the bathroom.

He is awake and shirtless. The way this man has so much effect on me is incredible.

I don't mind him shirtless. But I hate when I get all swoony for him. And I am trying really hard to keep my emotions and feelings in check.

"Do you need a shirt?"

He raises a eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

"Do you mind wearing a shirt?"

I sigh.

I check my phone to see Nate's text.

Nate
When you both are ready, join us for the breakfast.

I know he wants to mend our relationship but I just can't shake off how hurt I was when he purposely hid the truth of his friend cheating on me.

Nora
We will be right there.

I throw the shirt towards Kai and it lands on his face. He groans.

I chuckle. I walk towards a small table where my phone is on charge. I had a meeting today. I should reach on time there. Hayley and I are gonna discuss about the cover page.

"Come here."

"Huh? What?"

He gestures me to come to bed.

I shrug.

"What is it? It's your fault if you didn't catch it."

When I am near the bed, he grabs hold of my hand and pulls me towards him. I am on his lap and his hand is firmly wrapped around my waist. I try to wiggle out of his hold but he grips my waist more firmly.

My eyes widen. I gasp and my heart is throbbing so hard with anticipation. My breathing quickens.

"What are you doing?" My voice is low. Even though I am wearing a hoodie, I can still feel the warmth of his hand seeping and cutting through my skin.

"What do you think I am?" He whispers in my ear and I shiver. His voice is alluring, deep and mysterious like the black forest.

"It won't hurt you if you answer and ask question for a question." I retort.

"Why are you getting affected by this? I thought we should practice to look like a real couple." He snaps.

My mouth falters. A deep emotion swirls in my heart. I wave off those feelings for now.

I gulp. I sigh.

Yeah, he is right. We need to practice to look like a real couple.

I gather myself together.