CHAPTER 35

KAI'S POV

"Why are your hands cold?" I frown.

"It's normal." I rub her hands to make it warm.

"No. Your hands are always warm."

She raises a eyebrow. She lets out a mischievous grin.

"Was it? Nah!!! You must have held someone's hand." I narrow my eyes at her.

She just laughs.

"What are you laughing at?"

She caresses my cheek. She is still laughing. I revel in the sound of her laugh. My heart feeling alive at the sound.

"At your reaction." She plants a kiss on my cheek and my eyes widen. I tighten my hold around her waist. Like damn, I will ever let her go.

"You are so cute. It's fun to tease you."

I frown.

"Like fuck, I am."

She rolls her eyes.

One day I will make sure that she rolls her eyes for another reason. Reason which made her feel so good that she couldn't help roll her eyes.

Damn!!! How horny can I be?

I run my hand through my face when I see her watching something so intently.

"What are you watching?" Her green eyes are widened in awe.

It's her first time in my room.

"Your room is so greyish. Also you have such a beautiful bookshelf." She sighs.

My heart clenches.

"You mean my room is dull?" I raise a eyebrow at her.

She tries to shimmy out of my lap but I don't let her go.

"No!! Why would I think so?" She feigns offence.

"It's just that it reminds me of the weather. The colour the sky takes on before it starts raining. Grey is often overlooked as a colour of sadness and depression. There is certain calmness or stability in grey."

My heart swells. God!! My emotions are taking the best of me.

"Did you make that bookshelf?"

"I did."

Her lips form an 'O'.

Fuck!!! She is making it so hard for me.

She gets off from my lap and even though I hate that I am already missing her touch, I am grateful that she is gone before she could notice that something went hard underneath her.

Me!!

She is wearing a black hoodie and sweatpant. Her hair is tied in a messy bun.

"I didn't perceive you as someone who would make a bookshelf and read fiction."

I cross my arms observing her every move. Her fingertips trails the books and she gasps.

"Why is that so?" I am actually curious about what she thinks of me.

"Because the men I know except papa take pride in reading non-fiction and inform the people reading fiction to get out of their imagination as they are not a child."