CHAPTER 8

NORA'S POV

(TW: Panic attack)
( '*' will be the start of tw and '*' will be the end?)

Allan's phone rings. How did I know?? He has that same ringtone since college. He is still predictable and adamant.

"Excuse me, I need to take this call."

He exits the cafe.

"So Emma, I am curious. How did you and your boyfriend meet? Don't mind me. My romance author self can't help."

She chuckles.

"Actually we met 3 years back and we went out on dates. And we decided to go out. He proposed me and I said 'yes'."

Allan and I broke up 2 years ago.

That means he met her while we were still dating. He was two timing me or even her.

I fake a smile. I try to calm myself down. I can feel Kai's stare but nevertheless I still continue.

"That's so sweet."

"Thank you." She has no idea, does she. Or she is pretending to be nice and sweet.

"Are you a jewellery designer?"

"O yes, I am. How did you know?"

I know because she was the one who designed our promise rings.

The door chimes.

"Emma, we are late. We have to leave."

"Alright. It was nice meeting you. I hope we meet again."

They leave.

"I need to take a break." I manage to say.

** I walk so fast and I go to the shelf where the autobiography books are stacked. No one comes here.

My breathing is unstable and unsteady.

Everything hits me at once.

He cheated on me. I think about our dinner talks, the talks about marriage and his mom. I was his backup plan.

The promise ring he gave me, she designed it.

I was played. The thought of being played makes me wanna puke and punch myself.

Things start getting blurry. My vision goes hazy. My whole body is shaking. I feel like I am gonna throw up.

The wall is closing in. I feel like I am gonna die. I am suffocating. I want to get away from it. My heart is gonna burst. I clench my chest.

"Nora!! Nora! Fuck!"

I close my eyes and the thoughts about me getting cheated is killing me.

"Nora! Let's play a game. We will start by matching our breathing together. Just follow my breathing."

"Close your eyes."

I follow his breathing and slowly my breathing becomes steady and calm.

"I am gonna touch you, shake your head if you don't want me to."

Two arms wrap around me. It's not uncomfortable surprisingly. It feels safe. He feels safe and that terrifies me.**

"O My God!! This is a cafè. You can't be cozy like that."

Kai says something and Becky leaves.

He takes my hand and leads us to the washroom.

"Go on. I will be waiting for you."