CHAPTER 26

NORA'S POV

"What about this?" Ira emerges out of the changing room.

We have been in and out of the changing room for almost 2 hours and this is getting on my nerves. I blame this on me as I skipped breakfast again. So right now I am angry and hungry.

"Perfect." She actually looks like a goddess.

"Ira, you made this dress more beautiful. This is perfect. You look amazing."

I am crying. What's wrong with me? It's not like she is getting married.

Ira is joining us to the charity event as Eli's date. Before this whole fake-date sham, Eli used to ask me to be his date.

Now since I am Kai's date, he asked Ira. And Ira being Ira, said yes to piss off Kai. And my god, did it work? Man had a knife in his hand. He was so ready to murder his best friend of 7 years.

Ira and I couldn't stop laughing. Kai wasn't impressed but he kept quiet.

"What are you wearing for the charity event?"

"Something from my closet."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." I look away so I don't share a lot of details.

"Alright, are you hungry?"

"I am starving."

"Stop skipping breakfast, idiot."

"Never." I grin at her and she shakes her head.

"Are you excited?"

"Maybe, yes? Are you?"

"It's always the same and boring. Some of the athletes are so rude and arrogant."

"True. Come on, we are getting late."

The D-Day

"Ira!!"

"What's wrong?" Her eyes are narrowed.

"Can you please zip me up?" I let out a sigh.

"Sure."

She zips me up.

"Thank you." I am wearing a off-shoulder black dress. My hair is let down and I pair it with my favourite diamond earings.

"You look gorgeous." She motions me to turn around and I do.

"Really gorgeous!! My bestie is so damn pretty and sexy. All of the eyes are gonna be on you."

"O please. Come on. Ira, the colour suits you." Ira is wearing a coral dress with hair tied up in a bun. She is looking so gorgeous.

"Shut up and say 'Thank You' instead of denying it."

I laugh.

"Coral is your colour. Girl, you are slaying so hard."

"Every colour is my colour."

"That's right, my girl."

Knock-knock...

"Are you girls done getting ready?" Eli says in a mock-deep voice.