CHAPTER 50

NORA'S POV

There are times when we need to make some difficult choices. No matter how difficult it is. No matter how much that choice rips your heart. You still have to make that choice.

When I walked into the airport, I made my choice. I made a choice for the sake of someone’s safety I care about. Kai advised me not to go without him but I did. I did inform him that I am leaving for London and he didn’t seem too eager to leave me alone but he did support me.

I might regret it or something might happen when I am there. I might die or someone else might die. There are endless of things which might go wrong but I need to take the risk. I need to take the risk for the people I care, for myself and the closure I deserve to get.

Dressed in a black turtleneck paired with black leather jacket and blue jeans with my favorite combat boots. Niko is right next to me, dressed in a plain white tshirt and black jeans with sneakers.

“Are we really going to find something worth?” He runs his fingers through his hair.

“We will, I am sure we are going to find something. We need to be careful, though.” He sighs.

“I need a big holiday after this shit is over.” We get in the taxi. I tell the taxi driver the address.

“I will sponsor your holiday. You can go with your boyfriend.” He punches the air in excitement. I chuckle. I take off my glasses from my handbag and put it on. There is camera and scanner as well as audio inserted in the spectacles.

“The glasses look pretty on you. You look like a typical nerd. He is going to be my husband.” My jaw drops. I squeal out of joy. The driver in the front glances at us from the rearview mirror. I ignore his gaze and focus on Niko. O My God! My friend is getting married.

“You proposed?” He gets red and I scrunch my nose because I can’t handle his cuteness.

“You guys are so cute. Congratulations! I need to know the whole story.” He covers his face out of shyness, his ears are so red.

“Stop! I’ll tell you later but now we need to concentrate, alright. Look, we have reached already.” He sobers up and I start being serious. We pay and walk out of the car. I quickly ping my live location and text to Kai and Mr. Barnes.

We walk a little to find the house. The whole neighbourhood is quiet except for the birds chirping. There are no Christmas lights, no decorations donning the houses around. It is odd considering the whole of London is decorated with Christmas decorations and lights. It’s like the entire neighbourhood is shunned.

We finally reach the most awaited place. I take a deep breath. My knives are tucked in my combat boots if anything happens, I can defend myself.

I miss Kai and I hate that I had to leave him in New York and couldn’t pack him in my bag. I mean he won’t fit in my bag but I miss his hugs. I shake my head. Girlie, you need to concentrate.

The house is not maintained. The paint is starting to look mouldy which makes the whole house look like its decaying. The small lawn outside is unkept and unmaintained. This all makes it seem like no one has been staying here for a long time.

When we walk from the porch towards the door, the door is locked much to our surprise. I mean we kind of expected it but we wanted to be wrong so much.