CHAPTER 56

KAI'S POV - PART 1

The room is silent except for the clicking of the keyboard keys. The food is untouched and on the table. She is on her work table not even knowing that I have walked in the room. She has got everyone worried. Nate flew down to New York and he is going crazy. I went crazy when they gave her a bail so she could meet her sick adoptive mom.

It's been 4 days, since she smiled.Scratch that, it’s been 4 days - 6 hours - 54 minutes -7 seconds, she has not smiled. I haven’t seen her smile or laugh. She spends her time either on her laptop or staring at the wall. Her eyes have lost the shine. She is locked behind the door. She doesn’t come out of the room.

“Your book cover looks so good. I mean the book looks so good. I can’t wait to read it. I ran to the bookstore when it got released and the line was so long. But I was the first one to get your copy, I made sure of it. Also, I brought you coffee.”

She doesn’t say anything and I stop myself from sighing. I look behind me and spot Ira and Eli hiding behind the door. They are trying their best to cheer her up. They spot me and they leave hesitantly.

“Did they leave now?” My eyes widen in shock. I take a seat on the sofa.

“Yes, they left.” She doesn’t turn around to face me.

“L…..let’s.” She pauses.

“Green.” She flinches. And my hand immediately strokes her back to make her relax. It fucking kills me to see her that way.

“I am moving out.” The cup falls from my hand.

“Nora….” My heart shatters like the mirror in her room.

“I already found an apartment. I will be moving out tomorrow.” I clench my fists.

“You aren’t going. It’s final.” My voice coming out harsh. I clench my jaw.

“I am not asking, Kai. I am telling you that I am moving out and that is tomorrow.” I take a deep breath.

“On what basis. Nora,you didn’t discuss it with me. You take a decision alone. What’s troubling you, baby?” I run my fingers through my hair.

“I already have taken a decision.I am sorry for hurting you.” I clench my jaw.

“Sorry?” I scowl. “Will sorry do  anything? Will you tell me, what’s wrong? We will do it right, baby. Are you breaking up with me?” She pauses.

Her silence gives it away.I walk away. I can’t hear her saying it.

“We need a break. I- I need some time and space.” I will give it to her. I will but our relationship doesn’t need a break. She is pushing me away and I am hating it.

“Who am I to say? You already took your decision.” She flinches again. I walk away.

Ira and Eli are outside the door. They heard everything and they look away when they face me.

Ira hugs me and Eli pats my back.

"I need your bike keys.” Eli shakes his head in denial.

“Not in this condition, Kai. I am not giving it to you.” I sigh. I need some air.

THE NEXT DAY

I close my car door and see Nora carrying her boxes from our room to the porch. I sigh.

She seems a little better than few days ago. She is wearing a white t-shirt tucked in a black jeans and her favorite combat boots. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail.

Her eyes are still lifeless,what can I do to make her regain her smile and laugh?I walk towards her, she spots me, making her turn away from me.

She stumbles and I catch hold of her hand to make sure she doesn’t fall.
She doesn’t say anything as usual.

She just stands there gazing at her black combat shoes. I take the box from her hands. Her eyes widen and she frowns.

“How many of them are there?” I walk towards her car.

She doesn’t respond. She walks slowly behind me.

I turn around and see her in front of me.

“I feel pathetic about hurting you. You can h-ha-hate me all you want. I don’t mind it because I deserve it.” Her eyes are filled with tears. I hold her waist and pull her against me. My fingers stroke her hair.

“I could never hate you, Nora. I am upset and angry with you but I could never hate you. I am still utterly in love with you and will always be.” She starts breaking down.

She sits in the car while I put the boxes in the car.

She starts driving and I am standing at the porch staring at it as my heart slowly breaks.

When I get in my room, there is no trace of her and her belongings. Her desk is empty and her wardrobe is empty.

Everything is empty. Her sweet smell of gardenias are missing. She is missing.

What am I gonna do now?

************************************

A/n : This is the first part. Don't worry things are gonna sort out soon.