CHAPTER 23

NORA'S POV

"I am gonna redo the ending." I rub my neck.

"I know you always write realistic endings instead of happy. So for once, change it and let's see." Hayley, my agent is not really happy with the ending.

She has always been a fan of happy endings. And I write far from happy endings.

"It's an open ending, Hayley." I am frustrated and it's really showing in my tone. I run my fingers through my hair trying to fix something.

"Nora, you can do that. I know it."

"I will. I might have to change some elements. Can you send the manuscript to Riley?"

"Sure. I will do send it. Nora, you can do it. I know it. You are an amazing author." She smiles.

"Thank you, Hayley." I give her a small smile. When did it turn dark?? The meeting was too long.

"Also before I forget, there is a fan-signing event next week. So be ready. I will send you the details."

I raise a eyebrow.

"Can you please send me the details today itself? The location and everything. It needs to be special. They need to feel special."

"Gotcha. I will send you the details in the night." She sends me a wink and I cringe.

"Great!! And don't do that again." I make a disgusted face.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes.

We look at each other and burst out laughing.

"Not to spoil this moment, but your dear boyfriend is staring daggers at me."

I raise a eyebrow and look back. Kai Dalton in all back is leaning on his car with his arms crossed.

Our eyes meet and my breath starts wavering. His eyes move from mine, covering every inch of mine body. I gulp. The air is thick with tension. My heart is racing with anticipation.

My eyes do their work too. My eyes fall to his Adam's apple, my favourite part.

He is wearing a white shirt. His arms are crossed, making his muscles more prominent and enlarging. I gulp again.

His black leather jacket hangs on his arm. I stop there because any further and I might need my vibrator right now.

Wait what? Where did I go there?

O God!! I really need to get laid.

She snaps her fingers at me.

"Nora!! You got that 'I wanna fuck him so bad' look."

My eyes narrow at her.

"Hayley!! If nothing is there to discuss I will leave."

She laughs.

"You can leave."

"Funny." I roll my eyes at her.

I walk out of the cafe. I walk towards him.

"Couldn't wait, huh?" I raise a eyebrow.

He rolls his eyes.

"Get in the car." He opens the car door for me.

"Thank you." I give him my most sweetest smile.

"My pleasure." I roll my eyes at his words.

We get in the car and I send a quick text to Riley.

"Are we going home?" My brows are furrowed.

"No!"

"Ugh!! I am so tired. Where are we going? I have so much to work."