CHAPTER 25

NORA'S POV

Why do people love happy endings? Is it because their lives aren't like Disney movies with happy endings? Do they love to live in delusion?

Maybe yes. All humans love to live in delusion.

Everything is okay. It's not. I am happy. I am not. It will pass. It will not. This is just a phase. It is not.

That's what you call fake positivity.

Let me put up my favourite quote, "The moral of the story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it.........some stories just don't have a happy ending."

That stuck with me forever. Gave me a reality check in the hospital that made me to get out of the bed and start my therapy. Gave me a sense of pain when I realised that I can't cycle anymore.

I repeat that quote after my nightmare.

I convinced myself that happy endings don't exist. They just don't.

"God, this is a mess. Ira was right, you are living like a zombie."

I chuckle.

"You caught me off-guard. Normally it isn't this bad."

He makes himself comfortable on my bed.

He is wearing a compressed black t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

I almost drool. Scratch that. I am drooling.

"So this is the first step, huh?"

I shake my head slightly.

"It's the third step of messiness." I look around. I scrunch my nose in disgust. Papers, post it notes everywhere. DAMN!!

"It's messy. I admit. So what are doing here?"

It's been a week since the fan-signing event. Something shifted between us. He started training so he is less at home and more at the training centre.

And I have been busy with my work. Honestly, I had to make two manuscripts. One - Realistic ending, Two - Happy Ending.

So I had long nights and mornings. Sleep was abandoned. He used to go for trainings early morning and that was the time he found me on the floor. He thought I was dead. And he threw water on me in panic.

The thing is I was just sleeping.

And he said, "You weren't moving."

Ira found it funny and well, I didn't. And he didn't find it too.

"There is a charity event. We hold it before the tournament starts. So, will you be my date because you are my girlfriend for the world?"

I tuned out after the 'will you be my date'.

I speak and ignore the butterflies in my belly.

"We had a deal. So I will surely come. So when is it?"

"Saturday."