CHAPTER 48

KAI'S POV

Something cracks my heart. I am not physically hurt but something is hurting me. Something is seeping through the veins of my heart and pumps pain in it. It's cracking and pumping pain through my heart and I don't know what is causing it. Is it fear, pain or an intuition? A bad intuition. What's going to fall apart? The feeling is unknown but it is causing me a great anxiety and pain. What's happening to me?

The feeling is of dread when I see Nora covered in blood. Blood! My eyes widen and my heart stops beating. Shit! What the hell happened to her! Before I can say anything, she speaks. I reach out to her but she steps back. What happened! She is bleeding and we need to get her to the hospital. I try to reach out but she steps back again.

"Hey, I am alive. Fortunately!" Her voice is weak and hollow, like she screamed for a long time and she faints on me. I catch her before she falls on the floor.

"Eli! Fuck! Nora! Baby, can you hear me? Don't close your eyes, baby." Her head is bleeding. She might be concussed. We can't take the risk. When my hand wraps around her waist to pick her up, I realize that she has been stabbed in the back. Fuck! Eli comes running out when he hears the commotion and he sees her on my lap bleeding. He glances at me and immediately gets the car keys. I check her breathing and its irregular. She is taking long deep breaths. She is struggling to breathe. We really need to hurry.

"We need to get to the hospital." I get on my feet with her in my arms.

We get in the car. What the fuck happened to her! Who the fuck tried to hurt her! I am gonna kill them. I am gonna burn everything if anything happens to her.

She opens her eyes for a moment. Her hand reaches out to me and I hold her hand. My gaze snaps to her nails and there is blood in there. She fought. My girl fought when she got attacked. I am so damn proud of her.

I stroke her cheek and realize that my fingers are trembling. No! I need to be strong. We need to be strong.

"Babe! Hang on! We are on our way. Please, hang on." She faints again. Shit! I check her breathing and its not doing great.

Please be okay, Nora! You are going to be okay, babe, just hang on a little longer.

We reach the hospital. They take her in. Niko and Ira make it to the hospital. I am at the corridor pacing with worry. The doctors have been there for insane amount of time. I am so anxious that I might barge in there. I want to puke. She needs to be okay. She is okay, right? She is strong. My girl is strong enough to knock someone with a punch.

I was at training when she texted me that she is taking a cab. Thinking that she might reach in an hour, Eli and I went to the grocery store after the training to buy grocery. By the time I reached home she wasn't there which made me panic.She did tell me that she might be late from the meeting. I tried calling her but her phone was switched off.

I called Hailey considering she had a meeting with her but she didn't pick up too which make me panic more. I get a suspicious text with a picture attached. Nora was walking on a deserted road at a distance with a knife pointing towards her. I panicked and drove towards the place and she wasn't there. No one was there.Eli followed me there and we search everywhere.

I called Niko and he said that he is coming over. So, we went to search for her together. We found her car at the café and checked the CCTV cameras. We tried to trace her phone and her smartwatch but they were untraceable. My hands started to shake. I get another picture where there is blood plastered on the wall. My heart started to thunder against my chest. My mind went blank with all the worse scenarios. Upon seeing my reaction, Nikolas snatches my phone and we both rushed to my place. No one was there. Eli came rushing in and we were all bewildered with the message written on the wall.