CHAPTER 17

NORA'S POV

I rush to the restroom.

I check out myself in the mirror.

My cheeks are so red that I could pass as a cherry tomato.

My hair is messy. I sort out my hair.

I retouch my makeup. But I keep messing it up because of the repeated flashback of Kai and I kissing.

O God!!! The flashback of kissing Kai is gonna kill me today.

No thinking about how Kai's lips were soft and how much I want to kiss him again.

Shit!! Nope!!! I need to calm down. I think I need a small vacation just to get away with these thoughts.

The door clicks open and a familiar woman enters.

"Hey!" Emma chirps.

"Hi." I greet politely with a smile and since I didn't want to engage with her, I proceed for the door.

"Alan still loves you."

I sigh. I don't respond anything.

Her tone seems sad.

"Alan and I, we are an arranged match. Our families arranged our pair. It's not like we didn't know about each other's existence."

She pauses.

"We were childhood friends. I developed feelings, he didn't."

"I think you are mistaken. I am not your therapist."

"I never intended getting in between you two. And I am regretting it. Because getting married to a person you love but he doesn't love you is dying several times a day."

I don't say anything.

"I wish I could take back some things. I wish I could change some things."

Where did this came from?

I am so confused right now.

"I know you are confused about why am I saying all these. But I don't know why am I saying these things."

Okay.

"Anyways thank you for listening. I wish you were my therapist."

She then leaves the restroom.

I blink.

What just happened??

I should have charged her. But I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for her.

I step out of the restroom after checking that I look approachable.

"Nora?"

Ugh!!! Now what it is.

Alan is leaning on the wall with his eyebrows narrowed.

I ignore him. I do not want to interact him.

Alan catches hold of my wrist.

"Can you please hear me out?"

I snap.

"What do you want now? Why can't you leave me for god's sake? What is left for me to hear?"

"Nora, please!! Hear me out."

"No!! You heard me 'No'. You come at my place, create a scene and leave. And then you expect me to hear you. Incredible!"

I try to walk away from him but he blocks me.