CHAPTER 24

NORA'S POV

Knock-knock...

"Are you ready?"

I take a deep breath.

"This is fine, right?" I refer to my outfit.

"Nora!!! The outfit is fine."

I am wearing a cream lace top tucked in blue jeans and oxford heel boots.

I will be fine. You will do great.

"Come on, let's go."

When I enter the table my jaw drops.

"Are these people all for me?"

"They are, Nora. Your novels are quite popular. Critics have approved your work."

I blink back tears while looking down.

"So stop underestimating yourself. You have a great talent."

"Stop it." My voice comes out vulnerable and weak.

The fansign event starts after the interaction with the fans.

"I like your writing so much. I cried for 2 hours because of the ending."

"I am sorry for that and thank you so much. What should I write?"

She whispers something in my ear and I write it for her.

We both giggle. Turns out, most of my fans aren't innocent at all.

"Thank you for coming."

"Your coffee."

"Thank you, Hayley." I give her a smile.

"You are working hard."

"You are working more hard, Hayley."

"It's my job."

I am still working on the ending of the book. I literally had to be pulled from my room and fed because I had been skipping meals.

Ira was so upset with me, I quote, "I know how you love being a zombie but for a change you need to turn human." This made me laugh for about 30 minutes. She didn't find it funny but I did.

"O My God!!! Did you look at him? He looks like a Book Boyfriend. Damn!! Is he a model?"

What's going on? I can't figure it out because the crowd is covering the so-called book boyfriend.

I resume with my fan-signing event and honestly my heart is content. I have never received so much love and it's overwhelming in a good way.

"Hello, how are you doing......"

My eyes are wide open and I think I dropped my pen too.

Light Purple Lilacs are practically shoved in my face before I can speak.

"What? What's this?"

He shrugs.

"Flowers for my girlfriend." He says that with a very straight face. He is cute.

He holds the flowers for me. Whispers break out in the crowd. Camera phones are pulled to record it.

"For me?" I point to myself.

"Aren't you my girlfriend?"

Yeah. Fake-girlfriend. We are pretending.

I nod. I take the flowers.

He holds out my novel in front of me.

"Have you read my books, Mr. Dalton?"

"They are pretty good. Especially chapter 30. Never knew you had a vivid and colorful imagination."